obd2 magnum swap?

-
I figured out the belt. I took of the idler pulley and using the truck non ac belt it fits. I started looking at the wiring and apparently I'm missing C3 on the ecm and I have the wrong fuse box. Now I'm scratching my head as to what to do. I don't hang to spend $900 on a hot wire harness. I'm usually good at wiring ford's I'm just not familiar with dodge wiring diagrams so it's hard for me to decipher how stuff works and their terminology.

If it helps, you can download the Hotwire auto wiring diagram as a guide. One of the tricks is to use an ECM for a 5 speed vehicle without security.

As for the power steering hitting the battery/tray, I simply modified the tray and used a narrower battery.

Once you get it finished, you will know how wonderful it is to have EFI in these old cars. I think about that every time I twist the key.

Attachments

• oil trap 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 222
If it helps, you can download the Hotwire auto wiring diagram as a guide. .

You have a link? I've downloaded their instructions, the only thing in there for a magnum is a "pictorial"

I looked on their site again. Sorry, the instruction sheet is what I was referring to. I also found the pinout by Googling for it.

As I understand, that's natural for these magnum heads. That may not be a problem, as long as they don't leak.

Try this link on Dodge forums for the 2001 Factory Service Manual. Don't go onto Ramforumz.com - last time I went there, my computer got a virus. If the link doesn't work, we'll try something else.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...wavefiles/2001ramsrvcmanual.zip</font></font>

Thanks very much. I downloaded, it worked fine here. I would have pounded on your "THANKS" button but there isn't one!!

Attachments

• NoThanks.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 183
ok im diving into the wiring and I thought I had a harness from a 96 I was wrong. I found the part number of the harness and ecm and called guy I know at dodge dealer. they are both from a 2000 Durango. however im missing the grey connector on the ecm. the grey connector and fuse box are both part of a body harness. surely guys aren't installing the entire body harness. what did you guys do? what would you do differently? the fuse box I have is the small one, none of the wires from the engine harness match up to the fuse box, I would have to repin the fuse box, or use the bigger fuse box. what would you do? im really trying to not spend $900 on a hotwire setup. thanks

-
Back