Od bellhousing

-

ike61

Reaction score
Howdy all. I am putting an od833 in my 76 swinger. Will a bellhousing from a two wheel drive 85 dodge pickup with an od833 work for my application?

Howdy all. I am putting an od833 in my 76 swinger. Will a bellhousing from a two wheel drive 85 dodge pickup with an od833 work for my application?

Yup. It should. Possibly bolt in with no mods. Won't be much if you have to change anything.

? I was under the impression the pu bells would not fit A bodies. The pickup bells also ?all? used the larger flywheels?

I looked in Wayne Brewers (performance) web, it showed 2 cast # slant OD pickup bells, the first just mentioned for ?? what ever yrs, 81-6? was it...I forget , 122 tooth fly and the second cast # 643 listed also 122 9 1/2 fly and mentioned it for 76-80 pickups and A/F bodies. Pivot for fork different? You can email them and ask and I bet they get right back to you. Don't know why either can't work?

Yeh n' 'ell I don't know WHAT engine the OP is interested in...........

MY bad I somehow read it as being a slant, YOU are right, my mistake. W Brewer does have pretty much all the details for all 833 deals. My source as I forgot what I did know but I do know if I forget it all I might as welll not known it to begin with!?? And thats all I know!

What are you tryin to say Del? You mean you expect people to actually tell us what they're workin on? What a novel idea.

'85 pickups used a hydraulic clutch. Unless you're converting to hydraulics, no. It won't work.

Parts book lists clutch hydraulic master & slave cylinders for '85 D series trucks (V8)- that's what I was going by.

-
Back