OEM Throwout Bearing Release Arm with Wilwood Slave

-

earlymopar

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from members who have used the small block OEM bell housing, bearing and release arm with a Wilwood external pull type slave cylinder. I'm using these pieces with a TKO600 set up and found with the factory clutch arm rod hole there is not enough resistance in the mechanism to return the Wilwood cylinder at full clutch pedal travel. I can also easily push the clutch pedal (and actuate the clutch) by hand. It seems obvious that the clutch arm hole for the cylinder needs to move inboard to increase the return force. I'm interested in hearing from members who have or had a similar set up and how much (if any) you moved the clutch arm pivot point.

- EM

Thought about doing same thing. Haven't gotten that far along on project yet. Probably use stock z-bar for now.
Although l can tell you from many years of dirt track racing, better off to spend the money up front for the Wilwood cylinder than the $39 Speedway / evilbay/ whoever else brand.
You will end up buying the Wilwood eventually anyhow. After a couple of the cheapies crap out on ya.

-
Back