Offensive Personalized Plates

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
So the snowflake culture is slowly making it's way up to Alaska. Our DMV now has a email link that any citizen at large can go to the DMV site and report a plate that "THEY" think is offensive, for whatever reason. And all it take is ONE COMPLAINT and the DMV will contact the "offender" and require them to surrender their plates and get new ones!! The DMV has also recently modified their screening criteria to weed out possible offensive plates during the online application process.
SO with that said, I saw this plate on the way to work this evening while I was stopped at a light. I THINK I know what this plate says and while the first three letters are fine the last three are NOT COOL AT ALL!! Maybe it means something else? What can everyone think of that this could mean?
WFO.jpg

Directly from our DMV website:
HOW DO I GET A PERSONALIZED PLATE

For personalized plates please click here to order your plate. DMV will not issue personalized plates that display symbols in a combination that is demeaning towards a group of people, or that is otherwise a vulgar, violent, or criminal reference or term per 2 AAC 92.120.

HOW DO I REPORT AN OFFENSIVE PERSONALIZED PLATE?
DMV will not issue personalized plates that display symbols in a combination that is demeaning towards a group of people, or that is otherwise a vulgar, violent, or criminal reference or term per 2 AAC 92.120. If you believe a license plate has been issued that conflicts with this regulation, please email us at doa.dmv.webmaster@alaska.gov and DMV will immediately investigate the license plate and if necessary, recall the license plate.

2 AAC 92.120. Personalized registration plates for motor vehicles
(a) The department will issue personalized registration plates for motor vehicles.
(b) The department will not issue a personalized registration plate that displays
(1) symbols in a combination identical to one already in use on a registration plate;
(2) a total of more than six or less than two symbols;
(3) symbols other than numbers or letters; or
(4) symbols in a combination that demeans an ethnic, religious, or racial group, or that is otherwise vulgar, indecent, or has sexual connotations; any combination known by the department to have a sexual connotation or to be patently offensive to a person of ordinary sensibilities will be considered vulgar or indecent; any combination known by the department to be patently offensive to an ethnic, religious, or racial group will be considered demeaning to that group. (c) The department will recall a personalized registration plate that the department determines is described in (b) of this section.
(d) A registrant may not transfer a personalized registration plate to another vehicle or person, except that a registrant may transfer a plate to another vehicle registered in the registrant's name after proper application to the department.

Whitey Fu_k off Fu_k the police.
What I think it is: Wide F@Kin Open & F@ck The Police
Like I stated before, the WFO is a term used by many motorhead, gearhead, motocross, etc folks and it's NOT offensive other than that it uses the F BOMB. But the later is JUST WRONG in so many ways. Considering that I am a current 18 yr veteran of LE.

I thought it would be 2 phrases with the F-word, but couldn't get anywhere with it.

I agree. The ironic part is as soon as they are threatened, they cry out for the police. Folks like them, if that's what he's trying to say, have no idea what it means to risk your life in service to others.

And if it is a member of the Black or Brown community,
nothing will be done.
No one wants to touch that subject or interfere with their rights.

Who gives a fig? If "whoever" that is wants to show their thug, racist, hateful unChristian trashy mentality to everyone on earth, including their mamas, grandmamas, friends, pastors, and everybody else, let them. They're only hurting themselves. It's our jobs as parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends to teach our children better than that and to ignore stupid ideals such as these. As long as WE do THAT, we've done our job, and everyone knows who the idiots are. If we continue to be part of the "I'm offended" generation, we perpetuate the same kind of cancel culture "they" created in the first place.

Last edited:
The plates can be interpreted anyway an individual wants them to be in their own mind. For example, when they saw my legacy plates the DMV employee called out "Super Saturday" and the mother of one of my best "Classic Car/Chasing Girls" guy friends called out "Super Satisfied".

For me, it spells out "Super Satellite" because it's a 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus.

And if you're into "anal", one might see it as "Super Shat". To each his own. Since when did interpretation of what we read not be considered an individual phenomena?

supr sat front view.jpg

Last edited:
If you have to ask what's the point? It's just a jumble of letters then.

-
Back