Offset wrist pin in stroker build

-

999yards

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever offset the wrist pin in a stroker build and is there a noticeable gain in rpm and friction loss? Put simply do you think the engine would turn up quicker given the other variables are correct?

Or is the major benefit only a reduction in major/minor thrust.

Maybe I should clarify the offset is off axis not inline.

I haven't personally done it. But I can't imagine there would be anything one would notice, no. Is there something to it - yes. Enough to quantify beyond reasonable margine of error or you be able to feel - highly doubt it.

I always heard and read that offset wrist pins in a stroker usually results in piston skirts in the pan.

Is that wrong?

Depends on the direction of offset. One way increases side loading (IIRC the "original type" offset and done for noise reduction), the other reduces side loading.

Depends on the direction of offset. One way increases side loading (IIRC the "original type" offset and done for noise reduction), the other reduces side loading.

Do you mind clarifying that statement in relation to axis centerline? I was under the impression that moving the pin perpendicular to axis would reduce side thrust as well as noise. Moving pin with axis say up towards the rings will obviously allow the piston to come up more and bring the skirt lower when at bottom.
Correction that doesn't make sense I guess piston would not come up more.

Which way are you referring to as a possible route to have the skirt wind up in the pan?

After a little thought I realized moving the pin straight up allows for using a longer rod.

do aftermarket pistons even have offset?? an engineer at speedpro or someplace told me that only oem pistons have offset for quietness.....

-
Back