Oh Hell!!!!!!

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need to find someone that can weld cast iron. Definitely micro surgery.

20171106_113651_resized.jpg

20171106_113638_resized.jpg

And machining, because after that's welded the whole flange will need to be flycut to make it flat again. Plus, warpage could be why it broke in the first place.

Probably started in the port. Hairline crack that finally gave. Talked with Continental Diesel. They use cold fusion. Also need to have the manifold magnafluxed.

Don't discount old fashioned brazing. Heat it up as even as possible, in an oven or bed of coals, and braze 'er up. If you can build a jig out of angle iron, etc, to imitate the cylinder head, you MIGHT even get by without surfacing it, maybe use some header gaskets

Watched a video, small tacks and letting it cool between tacks. Take it for what its worth. Would be nice if you had a junk head to bolt it to.

Ah, the reason I asked was in case I knew where there was one.
I do know a local A body big block guy that might have one though, and I can ask him.

That would solve the problem if I could find one

Chuckee! Been watching that guy for years. Exhaust will be a challenge due to the constant heat cycles.

Chuckee! Been watching that guy for years. Exhaust will be a challenge due to the constant heat cycles.
Do you watch AVE too?
Also referred to as BOLTR. great videos.

That would solve the problem if I could find one

I'll give him a bit and hit him up this morning.
There is also another guy (Steve) that is another one of our Mopars4us group up here that has a bunch of big block parts I can ask. (older guy with a big stash)

I'll give him a bit and hit him up this morning.
There is also another guy (Steve) that is another one of our Mopars4us group up here that has a bunch of big block parts I can ask. (older guy with a big stash)
What’s his age and facial hair have to do with anything ? :D

-
Back