Oil Filter flip

-

Badvert65

Long Time Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I have never really liked the fact that the slant six oil filter is mounted 'upside down'
After a few missteps, I finally came up with something that will work to my liking.
IMG_0205w.jpg
IMG_0209w.jpg

It's a variety of parts, put together to create that.
>FloCool oil filter adapter
>Earl's Remote Filter mount
>Performance Plumbing Components Hoses and fittings

Very nice, looks great.
Should put together a quick synopsis on putting it together.
Thanks for sharing it.

Rusty, I remember when you did that and I really liked that idea. I was already working on this when you first posted that. I had originally run 5/8" hard line. I was having a hard time due to the compound curves needed in close proximity. The filter mount is 90* and the oil pump is 60* (with the engine). Once you get the length right, the 10AN lines fit easier. I wanted the filter mounted to the engine with the shortest lines I could manage. There is likely a better place to mount the filter part. The block is 1/4" thick and the screws go through into the push rod area (no water jacket). It could also be mounted to the bell housing area but I wasn't certain how much ground clearance there would be since it would be mounted much lower.
As far as the canister type filters, I had completely forgotten about those. It would be a much simpler way to go but I still worry about spillage from the open canister and oil soaked filter (during replacement).

-
Back