Oil Filter question

-

drodg58

Reaction score
I just got my 72 Duster 340 about a year ago and I should change the oil & filter. I would like to use the Mopar red white and blue stripe filter. I can get them for about $34.00 online which of course is high but I like the look on the engine as my underhood is pretty correct. The question I have is the filter the part number 1851658? I know most people probably wouldn't know the answer but for those who would before I spend the money I want to make sure I am buying the right size filter. Thanks

That's the right one. They all took the same back then unless you needed a shorter one for clearance issues. Those are cool but spendy.

Save your money, buy a NAPA Gold filter unless yours is a concours restoration. NAPA Gold is a better filter in my opinion & not near as expensive.

I'm not sure of the cutoff but I thought that 72 still used the white/blue and the white/red/blue started in 73.

I have been told these are Wix filters.

Alan

If you do buy it, when your done with it, get one of those side opener can openers, cut the top off, and figure a way to expand the lower shell then slip it on over a standard filter!

I'm having stickers made, due to copyright issues I will not be distributing them.

Alan

I bought a Mopar branded filter at Walmart lately, might have been clearance.

Here is the problem with spending $34 for a reproduction filter.
2019-03-16_005.jpg

Alan

I have used three of these filters, only one landed in an ideal position.
2017-04-01_001.jpg

The replacement on this car and the one on my Barracuda both showed the backside.

Alan

P.S. That is the spec hose for this application, CHP specified Mopar part installed at the factory.

I have used three of these filters, only one landed in an ideal position.
View attachment 1715733877

The replacement on this car and the one on my Barracuda both showed the backside.

Alan

P.S. That is the spec hose for this application, CHP specified Mopar part installed at the factory.
I've got a NOS hose, just like that! new in the box. Think i can get a hundred bucks for it?

:lol:

I've got a NOS hose, just like that! new in the box. Think i can get a hundred bucks for it?

:lol:

No idea, that was an NOS hose that was given to me ten years ago. I sold the car.

Alan

Well that makes me question if I should have spent the money. Thanks everyone!!!!!

If you do buy it, when your done with it, get one of those side opener can openers, cut the top off, and figure a way to expand the lower shell then slip it on over a standard filter!
exhaust pipe expanders?

-
Back