Oil Pan Question

-

roughidle

Super Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be running a '73+ spool K frame with front and mid plates on the car. Going into a '67 Barracuda. Can either a 933 or 971 oil pan be used for my A body with slight modification, or will it be total surgery? Only reason I ask is I have several hanging on the wall, but this is my first A body build.

Thanks

D

I'm not sure which pans those are, but the k-member is not the issue. The later center link clears the pan better because the studs point down on both the idler and pitman arms.

187 and 699 pans have the notch needed for proper clearance. Either shouldn't be very difficult to find and probably not too expensive.

Anybody have results with these two pans? The idea is to not have to buy anything else if I don't have to.... modifications can be performed if necessary, but I'd rather not have to buy a pan if I don't have to. If that's what it comes to, that's what it comes to, just looking for anyone with info on these two pans, that's all.

Thanks

Jim Lusk seems to be the guru around here for BB swaps. I know he has done several write ups on this both here and Big Block Dart. Just for spite cruise around the search threads on BBD see what you come up with. But as far as stock pans the 187 and 699 are the ones I know of that work.

If the 187 pan works then the 971 definately will as its sump is just a little smaller than the 187 at the front. The 971 is a tough one to find as it's the only stock pan that will fit the big block 1973 and up BBody. Sell the 971 pan and pickup a 187 pan and make som $$ lol OH! the pickups are so close they can be exchanged between the two pans if that helps.

Anybody have results with these two pans? The idea is to not have to buy anything else if I don't have to.... modifications can be performed if necessary, but I'd rather not have to buy a pan if I don't have to. If that's what it comes to, that's what it comes to, just looking for anyone with info on these two pans, that's all.

Thanks
I would use the heart shaped pan , since it is valentines day . If you click on your underlined pans words it takes you to cooking pans

-
Back