oil pressure

-

rabius75

Reaction score
where is the 'bung' to screw an oil pressure sender in located? i got a mechanical oil pressure gauge, but i cant locate the area where i need to put the adapter to hook the hose up to.
i was told it would be around the oil filter, but i cant feel one under the exhaust manifold.

yeah, i found it right after i posted...
one 1" socket i had fit, and... one didnt. it was weird. my car keeps good pressure for having so many miles. just about 50psi at first, about 37 at warm idle.

A 1" socket for what?
The plugs for the oil oil sending units are 1/8" pipe thread and have a 3/8" or 7/16" head.

rabius75 said:
yeah, i found it right after i posted...
one 1" socket i had fit, and... one didnt. it was weird. my car keeps good pressure for having so many miles. just about 50psi at first, about 37 at warm idle.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: I dont get it 1" :scratch: :scratch:

mopower: oh no, the sending unit was a 1", it doesnt have any place besides the biggest part of it to grip to unscrew it, which required a 1" socket. let me see if i can get you a picture. brb.

I understand now. Usually there are 2 seperate places to put a sending unit, but I could be thinking Big Block.

rabius75 said:
mopower: oh no, the sending unit was a 1", it doesnt have any place besides the biggest part of it to grip to unscrew it, which required a 1" socket. let me see if i can get you a picture. brb.
oil-sender.jpg

Mopower71 said:
I understand now. Usually there are 2 seperate places to put a sending unit, but I could be thinking Big Block.

I think you are thinking big block. Sounds like he did it right!

:)
i had big blocks on the brain... my friend showed me a picture of his girlfriend without her top on. i knew they were nice... but holy sh't...

rabius75 said:
i had big blocks on the brain... my friend showed me a picture of his girlfriend without her top on. i knew they were nice... but holy sh't...

:worthles:

FASTBACK340 said:
rabius75 said:

:worthles:

Yea post this pic for the rest of us! We will be the judge of this!

-
Back