Oil pump assy for slant 6

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can get an assembly view of the oil pump that goes on a slant 6 225 motor? I can't find it in my manuals I have for the 68 Valiant. I need to take the one I have apart and clean it. But I want to make sure I put everything back together right.

Attachments

• 20130831_215359.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 185
Yup....case, cover, inner impeller and outer rotor...but you don't get the inner impeller out without pressing the drive gear off of the shaft so that is one part that usually stays in. Just mark which side of the outer rotor faced out. And the relief valve and spring is removable.

Cover bolts torque to 130 in-lbs. (I would take a pix of a diagram but am too much in a hurry this AM.)

I just took my 64 completely apart a couple weeks ago for cleaning and inspection. It's really simple. I used the info in a 68 FSM to check for wear and it passed every measurement. The pump has 97K on it and in spite of a little grooving on the inside of the lobes it's going back on the 225. All the talk about replacement pump gears failing spooked me. I think I'll install an oil pressure gauge though to keep an eye on it.

-
Back