Oil ring support rail

-
I believe they go below the bottom oil ring, to cover the part of the wrist pin hole that intersects the oil ring groove. They provide support for the oil ring at that point. There are locators on the rail that keep the open ends from wandering over to the wrist pin hole. I see no problem using them. Some guys are wary of them, but has anyone had a negative experience to report? I would like to know how well they work, as I plan on ordering some ICON IC823-033 pistons for my stroker motor. And they have a spacer ring.

I believe they go below the bottom oil ring, to cover the part of the wrist pin hole that intersects the oil ring groove. They provide support for the oil ring at that point. There are locators on the rail that keep the open ends from wandering over to the wrist pin hole. I see no problem using them. Some guys are wary of them, but has anyone had a negative experience to report? I would like to know how well they work, as I plan on ordering some ICON IC823-033 pistons for my stroker motor. And they have a spacer ring.
Myself ! Going to build a stroker also. B block 500 inch

Just make sure they are located in the proper spot. Must be a little pin in there, on the piston groove, keeps them located in the right position.

I'm going to build a 512, may also build a 451. And those ICON PREMIUM Flat Tops are my piston of choice.

They work fine, tens of thousands out there on short LS, Gen3 and other pistons. S/F....Ken M

Icon uses a "dimple" formed in the support rail that gets positioned facing away from the piston crown and in the open space where the pin bore is. It can't move around once all the oil ring pieces are in place.
100_2058.JPG

-
Back