oilpan install help

-

j.d.duggan

Reaction score
have a 4 piece oilpan gasket set that came in master kit.lookes like I should cut cork runners on pan rail down to the bolt hole to clear the front and rear pan seal that goes around the pan and cut the rear main seal tabs off flush with the rear main cap to get everything to fit right.am I correct in that idea?any help would be great.thanks.

340,not stock pan but not sure what brand.7 or 8 quart.and yes the gaskets I have look like that

I never cut them, grey RTV in the corners, copper coat everywhere else and bolt it together

is there any problem with cutting the rear seal tabs off where they come out of the rear main bearing cap? I don't see how it could seal around that rear pan gasket with the tabs lefy in tack.

No, cut them off if you want just use grey RTV to fill any gaps

do you cut the cork runner gaskets down to let the front and rear rubber go all the way down to the block?

do you cut the cork runner gaskets down to let the front and rear rubber go all the way down to the block?

No, put the rubber gaskets around the front and rear radius of the pan, then overlap them with the cork gasket... Use some gasket sealer in between the rubber and cork gaskets...

Buy a 1 pc FelPro gasket and put the RTV in the 4 corners. You will be glad you did. Just my .02 dollars.

-
Back