Oip Pump Pick Up

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just in case you guys think I fell asleep and haven't touched my engine here's an up-date: Now the %$#@#$% oil pump pick up hits the bottom of the pan. Time to alter the pick up tube angle..... :cry:

It's a melling stock volume pump with a MP pick up living inside a Milodon pan. The pick up holds the pan away from the block rails about 3/16"

My guess is to measure the drop and heat up the tube w/ a torch and gently tweak the tube up.

<sigh....> I hope the weather holds up. I need a break! Englishtown tomorrow for the nostalgia drags! Now THAT'S what I need!

looks like that may rain on your parade also. prob gonna rain sunday. becareful with that tube. too close to bottom of pan , you'll have no oil pressure

Fastback
Can you trim the end opposite the screen end, I havn't messed with a pickup in a while but maybe that will help you out. Pull it out and see if you can trim it and put it back in the pump, or maybe the filter end.

Dave C.

barracudadave67 said:
Fastback
Can you trim the end opposite the screen end, I havn't messed with a pickup in a while but maybe that will help you out. Pull it out and see if you can trim it and put it back in the pump, or maybe the filter end.

Dave C.

Well, what I did was heat up the tube just enough to get it to move and I bent it up approx. 3/16" , give or take a few .00000's :p Looks like I may have gotten the clearance I need. I'll find out Monday night.

Now as for this friggen rain..... I want to go to the track tomorrow!

STOP RAINING! :evil:

onehellofadart said:
looks like that may rain on your parade also. prob gonna rain sunday.....

NAH-NAH-NA-NAH-NAAAA !

BEAUTIFUL DAY! Racin` wuz good.... got me an even better tan!

Just what I needed.... now I'm off to go wrestle with a 360" SB :eye:

-
Back