Ok guys need your help!

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to issues I'm not going to discuss on here (you can PM me if you want to talk about it) I have to move my car. Here is the problem I have to move it like now!! Like first thing in the morning. The car has no front suspension spindles wheels etc. Lol
So help me engineer a way to lift the front end of the car up and attach it to my truck to pull it.
The good news is it only has to move about 100 yards thru the grass. I have a couple ideas but wanted to seek yalls help.

Last edited:
If it helps here is how she sets right now.

Screenshot_20190418-233732_Gallery.jpg

Simple. "100 years?" You mean yards? First, is there an engine / trans in the car? If not, install the crossmember, remove enough hardware in the grill to get a timber through there, and stuff a timber in through the grill clear back past the crossmember. Buy a big 4x4, etc, from a lumber outfit, 10/ 12 ft? You want the timber above the crossmember, and in the tunnel

"Rig" a bolt, etc whatever through the timber and lash/ chain the timber to the crossmember. This will "pull" and "push"

Now, just lash the timber to the K member with a chain/ binder/ come-along etc with appropriate blocking. "Rig" a hitch / ring etc to the pickup end and off you go.

If you need more car front ground clearance, jack it up and rig the timber UNDER the K member

Got an extra rear end?
Lift the front, drop it on the rear and your rolling

Find a farmer with a hydraulic bucket on his tractor. Suspend the front end on a chain thru the K member bolt holes, hook up at the chains peak to the bucket, lift, and back the tractor up to the new spot. Been there, done that, still got all my fingers.

Simple. "100 years?" You mean yards? First, is there an engine / trans in the car? If not, install the crossmember, remove enough hardware in the grill to get a timber through there, and stuff a timber in through the grill clear back past the crossmember. Buy a big 4x4, etc, from a lumber outfit, 10/ 12 ft? You want the timber above the crossmember, and in the tunnel

"Rig" a bolt, etc whatever through the timber and lash/ chain the timber to the crossmember. This will "pull" and "push"

Now, just lash the timber to the K member with a chain/ binder/ come-along etc with appropriate blocking. "Rig" a hitch / ring etc to the pickup end and off you go.

If you need more car front ground clearance, jack it up and rig the timber UNDER the K member
Yes yards lol sorry I edited it! That a good idea thanks.

Last edited:
Find a farmer with a hydraulic bucket on his tractor. Suspend the front end on a chain thru the K member bolt holes, hook up at the chains peak to the bucket, lift, and back the tractor up to the new spot. Been there, done that, still got all my fingers.
Or a buddy with a plow truck...hydrualics work the same

Got an extra rear end?
Lift the front, drop it on the rear and your rolling
I have a extra rear thats a good idea only problem is I have to make a wide right hand turn to get it out of the carport in the photo i see making that turn with a rear end for front end!?!

"I" would call a rollback, do it right do it without damage. What's it worth to move it with no damage? One and done and you don't have to worry about it.

Unfortunately I don't have a tractor or access to one.

Here is what I was thinking put my engine hoist in the back of my truck and use it and some heavy tow straps to lift up the front of the car and ratchet strap the hoist down in the bed. My concern is that the hoist will be to top heavy and flip or slid side to side when I try to make the turn.

RustyRatRod has the good idea with the rollback.

Plan B, scrounge up a car dolly from a friend or neighbor or rent one at U-haul for a couple of hours. You can then chain the car down to the top deck of the tow dolly as it stays stationary with the car and the dolly will turn underneath it so you can steer it. Like this one in the photo preferably with tires.

20190319_124407.jpg

You will find a way to get it done . . .

Plan B, scrounge up a car dolly from a friend or neighbor or rent one at U-haul for a couple of hours. You can then chain the car down to the top deck of the tow dolly as it stays stationary with the car and the dolly will turn underneath it so you can steer it. Like this one in the photo preferably with tires.

View attachment 1715322320

Or u could take a couple of steel rails "2x 1/2'' , attached to the frame rail bumper holes, and bring them out , heat and bend them to resemble a tow bar, w/ a makeshift hitch , just to go 100 yards. All u would need is the metal and a torch pretty much---------

View attachment 1715322320

What I was thinking.
Get some cribbing or Jack stands.
Ratchet strap to the dolly.

I think the dolly is the best idea, but if your truck has a receiver hitch, get a long stick of 2x2" square tubing, slide it in the receiver, jack the car up, chain it to the square tubing, and move it.

Or it should not take but a couple of hrs to assemble the front end and put the tires on it.

The hoist in the bed sound sketchy. Another idea.... if you can tear up the ground/grass, just get a coupla 4x4's, bevel one end on each and connect a chain to them with some boards spacing them apart to make a skid, drop the k-member onto the homemade skid, chain it on or a coupla bolts through the k, and just drag it.

If your truck is 2WD and your going across the grass, you might be challenged with anything but a dolly.

The hoist in the bed sound sketchy. Another idea.... if you can tear up the ground/grass, just get a coupla 4x4's, bevel one end on each and connect a chain to them with some boards spacing them apart to make a skid, drop the k-member onto the homemade skid, chain it on or a coupla bolts through the k, and just drag it.

If your truck is 2WD and your going across the grass, you might be challenged with anything but a dolly.
Yea I agree about the hoist that was the first thing that popped up in my head I have 3 4wds so if one wont pull it I will find one that will Haha. I actually thought about the skid idea myself I was thinking to l
Screw a sheet of plywood to 2x4s and ratchet strap the 2x4s to the k frame.

Last edited:
Or it should not take but a couple of hrs to assemble the front end and put the tires on it.
Yes except I dont have none of the bushing pressed in and I dont have tires yet.
Im working on it now I'm in the middle of a rain delay tho

I think the dolly is the best idea, but if your truck has a receiver hitch, get a long stick of 2x2" square tubing, slide it in the receiver, jack the car up, chain it to the square tubing, and move it.
@dartfreak75 This I have done this before and worked well, use a chain from your hitch to the car frame, keep the chain centered, and go slow, and wide turns.

Thanks guys I have quite a few options now. I'm working on getting everything packed up and moved because not only do I have to move my car I have to move all my parts and tools....which Is alot lol
I'm so pissed off this is even an issue. :mad::BangHead:

-
Back