OK just DRIVE ON THE SIDEWALK!!! LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Ran across these videos, these guys do not screw around About 7:20 for one of them

well, couple of things i notice
for starters, their roads are NARROW (for our standards)
just look at the cars you see there, they would consider a volkswagen jetta a full size car, and a passat a large car
it would be tricky trying to drive a full size pick up there, let alone a fire truck

in the Netherlands (where this is recorded) they do not have the same laws regarding first responders as we in the US have. if i remember correctly all you are required to do is yield to them at intersections
that is you see them driving and everyone just going about their merry way, instead of pulling over to the side like you and i would do

as for the "sidewalk" in the first video, that is actually a bicycle lane, the actual side walk is further off to the right still
you can tell in the second video (it looks like the follow the same route for the first few minutes)
must be the time of day and the weather, but in that second video you can see a ton of bikes

This was not intended to be a serious critique LOL. Around town here, people seem to be pretty good--IF they hear the truck. I'm sure some of them have their "buds" turned up. But people get stupid, too. I saw once where some idiot stopped because the right lane was stopped, he SHOULD have got into the firewall and gotten down the road and out of the way.

Lots of stupid people in those videos.

I have been accused of intimidating other drivers when they did not move while i was under lights and sirens, here the rule is to clear out of the way and give the responder right of way but some people have no idea, i have had some just slam on the brakes when they hear the siren and it is tough to stop 13 ton fire truck from 60 mph in 2 car lengths, or manoeuvre to miss the idiots.

I was ready to push someone through an intersection one time. Nobody was moving and emergency vehicle was stopping for nothing. I leaned on horn, they finally got the hint. Not thinking.
When the bridge was down to one lane, had to back off a ways.

I find there's less traffic if I drive on the sidewalk... :steering:

Makes going through town much faster...
drive.gif

However if you drive on the sidewalk, the police like to pull you over and check you for DUI... That's profiling and against the law.... :mob:

-
Back