Old for sale ads

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I know that this is the engine section. I was looking at the cars for sale a few days ago and noticed that some of the ads are 14+ years old. Why aren't these out dated ads removed? If they can be posted then I don't see any reason why they can't be removed. I can't believe how many cars I have started to investigate and find out that the ad is old.

14 years may be a bit long but I have inquired on ads a few years old and in a few cases the material was still available and I bought it. But I would agree this may be the exception and not the rule.

IIRC ads are kept in case there's a dispute or in case there is a need for historical reference.

Not a big deal.

Simple to look at the date and decide if it's worth pursuing.

Most all of the ads are great for referencing, I think we'd all be lost with out them.

When searching use the "most recent" option

upload_2022-3-2_8-18-10.png

Last edited:
I've said for years that old ads should be deleted. they are kept because they attract traffic to the to the site.

Like pretty much everything on your computer, it stays there. The software does close them after 30 days of inactivity. I'm sure the software could delete after a set amount of time but I'm sure there would be a issue with someone that need to access it later for some reason.

I know that this is the engine section. I was looking at the cars for sale a few days ago and noticed that some of the ads are 14+ years old. Why aren't these out dated ads removed? If they can be posted then I don't see any reason why they can't be removed. I can't believe how many cars I have started to investigate and find out that the ad is old.
Use the search function, click on the "MORE" button and "most recent"

upload_2022-3-2_9-5-58.png

i guess some of those ads were still 'new' when the op was 'thinking about following up on them' :rofl:
and despite 'knowing' this is the engine section he still decided to post a rant here? wtf???? :BangHead:

i guess some of those ads were still 'new' when the op was 'thinking about following up on them' :rofl:
and despite 'knowing' this is the engine section he still decided to post a rant here? wtf???? :BangHead:
Why not? There's no other place to put one

Or there is members that don't mark the sale ads as sold and they stay open. :poke::poke::lol:

so the 'general information' or the 'off topic' sections aren't more suitable then???? :rofl:
I guess, right now I really don't care. I have a brother who's dying from cancer so I may not be thinking so clear and I never claimed to be perfect. Seems like a lot of guys here think that everything is funny.

so the 'general information' or the 'off topic' sections aren't more suitable then???? :rofl:
Neither one of those comes up on my phone. Once in a great while "general discussion " will show up, but not very often.

-
Back