Old Hot Rod TV Mag/stroker build

-
thanks rumblefish360 for this. i saw something i really did not quite understand though. when we run bb rollers, we always use bronze oil pump drive. stock magnums don't use it. but the guy put a new bronze one in. not sure why, unless it will be required when they change cams in part 2.

Last edited:
I watched this yesterday. I loved the torque numbers. Perfect for towing my boat. Now add a mild cam and I bet it really opens up. I was just wondering if a stroker would be worthwhile without aftermarket cylinder heads.

thanks rumblefish360 for this. i saw something i really did not quite understand though. when we run bb rollers, we always use bronze oil pump drive. stock magnums don't use it. but the guy put a new bronze one in. not sure why, unless it will be required when they change cams in part 2.
Depends on the aftermarket cam. Though long out of biz and a damn shame IMO, Crane Cams offered rollers that did not need the bronze gear. I bet the RUN to a Comp Cam which should require the use of bronze…. BUT! Always ask and check, you never know until you know.
I watched this yesterday. I loved the torque numbers. Perfect for towing my boat. Now add a mild cam and I bet it really opens up. I was just wondering if a stroker would be worthwhile without aftermarket cylinder heads.
I’m on the same page. Looking forward to what they do next.

-
Back