Old models

-

Rd2Scamp

Reaction score
Are old model cars worth much if put together or half done in box ? I was cleaning and came across a few big boxes with models from when I was a teenager in the 80’s.

Are old model cars worth much if put together or half done in box ? I was cleaning and came across a few big boxes with models from when I was a teenager in the 80’s.
Depending on the kit yes they have value. I have quite a few myself. I'm keeping them for when I can see again. LOL

I know there is some Jo han kits. I always liked there mopar kits. I do know there is a Jo han 70 Sox & Martin kit.

Certain ones have a lot of value.
Some have really no value.
You want to post what you have?

All have some value, some just have more than others and a few have lots of value.
I'd be interested in what you have also.

Common kits partially assembled- $10.

Rare ones can be hundreds.

Got a '65 Barracuda?

Post them up, you never know what people are looking for. Personally, I collect all of the 64 Fury/Sport Fury JOHANS I can find. I have amassed quite a collection of unopened, opened, partially assembled, assembled & unassembled.

Here is just a few. These are partially put together. I’ll have to get more out when I have time on a day off.

155E0C24-50C0-4559-9585-C8EBA5FF3DF1.jpeg

I have some old models That were broke when the cases were moved and some many new in boxes.. The one Grandchild asks to play with them when I let them all in the room to play with the GI Joe aircraft carrier. So I gave hem some. I can't see to good to work on them right now.

100_0245.JPG

100_0246.JPG

100_0247.JPG

100_0248.JPG

100_0249.JPG

100_0250.JPG

I have some old models That were broke when the cases were moved and some many new in boxes.. The one Grandchild asks to play with them when I let them all in the room to play with the GI Joe aircraft carrier. So I gave hem some. I can't see to good to work on them right now.

That aircraft carrier brings back memories. Back in the late 80s we got one for our son (8 or 9 at the time) for Christmas. As usual, Santa didn't come until after he and his sister (5 or 6) were asleep. After putting together everything else, I jump on the carrier (about midnight, IIRC). I think I crawled in the bed at 4 and the kids woke us up at 6 sharp. :D Funny thing is, I cannot remember for the life of me what ever became of that carrier. He had the little Joes for years and still has 3 or 4 of the 12" reissues from the early 90s? still sealed in the box. I guess by the time he got those he was growing out of playing with them.

elmer.gif

That aircraft carrier brings back memories. Back in the late 80s we got one for our son (8 or 9 at the time) for Christmas. As usual, Santa didn't come until after he and his sister (5 or 6) were asleep. After putting together everything else, I jump on the carrier (about midnight, IIRC). I think I crawled in the bed at 4 and the kids woke us up at 6 sharp. :D Funny thing is, I cannot remember for the life of me what ever became of that carrier. He had the little Joes for years and still has 3 or 4 of the 12" reissues from the early 90s? still sealed in the box. I guess by the time he got those he was growing out of playing with them.

View attachment 1715929547
This was my sons, He has boxes of all his Gi Joes. He put together for my 4 grandsons from my daughters. He has a girl her name is Tommy she is 8 months old. I am sure she will be a tom boy.

-
Back