Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
Here is the only winter sport I'm interested in.

16116146352364692566703778280436.jpg

Count me out of any snow sports!
Here is the only winter sport I'm interested in.

View attachment 1715677288
Soon the sun will shine, temps will be in the 60's, I'll be wrench'n on DT and life will be grand :)

P.S. - I love snowmobiling, and if you have the right equipment it's not cold. On the contrary, I usually was on the warm side. We have a nice, groomed, trailing system in our area. Beautiful going through the hills and trees, and FAST on the straights !!!!!

I'm thinking.... In a short 6 more weeks and things just might start to look a little more like "wrench'n weather". But we'll see.... Rear gear swap is first on my agenda, hands down!

Predicting temps in the 30's next week. I think in short we're about to turn the corner, and that means in short I'm about to turn some wrench's
:thumbsup:

Predicting temps in the 30's next week. I think in short we're about to turn the corner, and that means in short I'm about to turn some wrench's

They are saying in the upper 40s here, about this time next week. Will feel like a heat wave. Lots to do!

The extended forecast has a blizzard in your area on about Feb 27th, subzero temps and 18 - 24 " of snow.
I'm hearing wind speeds of 60 mph. lol

The extended forecast has a blizzard in your area on about Feb 27th, subzero temps and 18 - 24 " of snow.
I'm hearing wind speeds of 60 mph. lol
I wouldn't be surprised... average day here. In my corner we go to work on those days.... :):poke:

Snowing now... BUT - supposed to start warming up this week. I want to get started on swapping the 8.75 in DT !!!!!! Biting at the bit!!!!

Its been cold and nasty here i haven't gotten anything done. I did order a new starter but it hasn't gotten here yet.

Well I was sitting around here enjoying the cold nasty weather so I went ahead and paid for a swap meet space at Indy cylinder head.
The new cylinder head that they list under Aeroheads are the old Commando heads that Mopar performance sold. They use 2.02 and 1.6 valves and are ?$800

Well I was sitting around here enjoying the cold nasty weather so I went ahead and paid for a swap meet space at Indy cylinder head.
The new cylinder head that they list under Aeroheads are the old Commando heads that Mopar performance sold. They use 2.02 and 1.6 valves and are ?$800
Find those 3.91's yet? I have a race comin' ...... and you do know where the "all you can eat" pizza is coming from for sure.. :poke:
businessman-kicks-himself-picture-id88462095.jpg

Last edited:
It's a muddy, sloppy mess, ducks are swimming in the potholes in my driveway, and I'm loving it!

All week is supposed to be 40s-50s! Come on spring...

It's a muddy, sloppy mess, ducks are swimming in the potholes in my driveway, and I'm loving it!

All week is supposed to be 40s-50s! Come on spring...
It's already 38* out! Snow is melting off the cars pretty fast...

It's already 38* out! Snow is melting off the cars pretty fast...
warmer weather and the sun pretty much revealed my cars again. Plan A for DT - start on the rear end. I don't even want to drive it again with the 2.71's, 31" tires, and the tight, low stall, loc-up converter. So, I'm starting on the rear end first! Need the weather to stay in my favor, and more snow to disappear. Hope to start real soon!

I sonic checked my 340 block yesterday. I didn't write anything down, but I am happy with it.

Believe it or not, a chevy guy fixed the sonic tester for me. He wanted his big block checked, and I told him my tester had quit. He said he was into electronics so I let him take it home. He called about an hour later and said he had it working. I tested his block for free naturally.

I have another std. bore 340 and the 67 318 out of Old Yeller, as well as a 70 318 block I will try to make time to check soon. I am curious about the 67 318, it was cast in 66.

Our weather has been great so far this week. It hit mid 50s the last two days and is supposed to hit 60 this weekend!!!

Let me remind ye' all.... I'm 1-0 in head to head races here on fabo. Worst I can fall is to 1-1 :D
Jadaharabi :poke:

I need to button up the "grenade" 360. Maybe tomorrow, if the rains continue, I'll head to the shed and finish it.

I need to button up the "grenade" 360. Maybe tomorrow, if the rains continue, I'll head to the shed and finish it.
I did go to the shed. I didn't do anything as the 5.9 needs cam bearings. Maybe I'm loosing focus a little bit, but I thought about building the "scream'n" (I love that word, it makes folks foam at the mouth) 318 instead for the short term. That would save one engine build for this year :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

I have a 360 mag ready to go in the dart but want a 318 for an event in May. But who am I fooling? I wont be making the event.

Ok, with May right around the corner, I need to get things done on DT. I have parts, I just have to make time and get things done! :BangHead:

-
Back