OldProNova..

-

steves71dartV8

Reaction score
...got this one for Christmas,, early 70's & recently got it again to build... who else is building somethin......?

1015170843-00.jpg

1015170842-00.jpg

1015170843-01.jpg

i got out of modeling...who knows when
but i made it official when i moved into this house last winter and i got rid of everything except a few build ups that are still on display in the house

I built that model in 1979. I was 11.

it was the first one I decided to build "right", instead of as fast as possible.

I built it street rod style with 2 tone custom paint and made 6x9 speaker grilles out of card stock to but in the package tray.

Wrapped this one up not too long ago. AMT's '32 Ford Vicky, done as a stock 1932 Ford Victoria. My third go-around with this kit and the first time I've avoided the lure of the mag wheels and did it stock:

DSC02224.jpg

'69 'cuda on the bench now to be a 340 Formula S. And why do all model companies issue Mopar car models with hemis in them?

Ken

Yep, finding a 1/25 small block is difficult.

Even in vehicles that should have come with one from the factory.

Wrapped this one up not too long ago. AMT's '32 Ford Vicky, done as a stock 1932 Ford Victoria. My third go-around with this kit and the first time I've avoided the lure of the mag wheels and did it stock:

View attachment 1715103315

'69 'cuda on the bench now to be a 340 Formula S. And why do all model companies issue Mopar car models with hemis in them?

Ken
lil red express got a small block in it,...but mines got a hemi with cross ram intake,..lil 360 went in a cuda build!

Are you sure?

Both of mine (70's original and 90's reissue) have big blocks :(

The best source of a correct small block is the 340 Duster.

Unfortunately that's a really nice kit to buy just for the engine.

well,..had my lil red truck since mid 90s so idk if thay went big block in them, wrong if thay did! the duster motor would be great but is a nice kit to be parting out!

-
Back