OldVart

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Like I have said before I do not now how to put pictures in my pm's.

here is a picture to wake up your memory Sid, Victoria's mirror

Picture.jpg

That seems to ring a bell Mike. But I hear a lot of bells that aren't quite right these days. :) If I remember correctly, there should be 3 holes in the door for the mirror. I believe 1 is just for a locating stud, then 2 for screws. Does that sound right? I'll have to measure the hole spacing on my door when I go home for lunch.

the holes on my mirror is 2 3/8 apart.

The base on yours looks a little smaller than the indentation left in my door by my old one. I'll measure things up when I go home for lunch. It also looks like yours has only two holes, and no locating stud.

My Valiant looks exactly the same as this one, even has the same mirror as mine. :happy8: The only difference between this US Dart and the CDN Valiant of the same year is the name badging. This one has the D O D G E letters on the hood and trunk lid and mine has the V A L I A N T letters, otherwise there are the same car.
Now Mike, if you put your glasses on and look REAL close at the front fender, you'll see there's a small, chrome, V8 emblem there. I need a set of those also, because my old mind can't remember where I put mine when I took them off about 14 years ago. :angry7:
Old Timer's disease again. :help:

Newshoes.jpg

even has the same mirror as mine:toothy10:=D>
Yep you are right!! I don't see one :toothy10:

That is a old V8 emplem about 1 1/4" tall. I will keep an eye out :clock:

I sure like that body style, Very Cool indeed !!

That particular one isn't mine Rob. It's a pic I pilfered from the web a few years ago - sort of an inspirational, motivational photo you might say. :) Mine looked like that about 28 years ago after I'd done a paint job on it. Now it just looks like everyone else's rotisserie project.

Mike, you're right. Those V8 emblems are about 1.25 to 1.5" high if I remember correctly. But don'e forget the Old-Timer's Disease. :)

Thanks hippo. That's a sweet looking rag you have there.

That mirror looks like it should be the same as the one I need. Your V8 emblem is quite a bit different than the 66 model. Mine have the V and the 8 same size.

All the stainless and chrome trim are nice looking, but they can sometimes be a pain because unless you wash the vehicles VERY well, the trim is a dirt retainer and a great place for rust to start. I don't think I'll be putting the rocker mouldings and the wheelwell mouldings back on mine, but I'll definitely be using the rest of it.

-
Back