On speed tonight@ 10:30

-
thanks for the heads up, i'll be tuning in now!!!!

If you are setting up to record, catch the 3:00 AM broadcast also. Biggest horsepower stock engines... Nobody does (or did) hp like mopar...
C

If you are setting up to record, catch the 3:00 AM broadcast also. Biggest horsepower stock engines... Nobody does (or did) hp like mopar...
C

And at 2:00 Bonneville. I wish they would broadcast the interesting stuff at a sane hour.

And at 2:00 Bonneville. I wish they would broadcast the interesting stuff at a sane hour.

Record or PVR it so you can fast forward thru the commercials! I'd rather watch it taped and ff the commercials then sit thru 20 minutes of commercials over a 60 minute show.

Yep, I have been watching all the blue oval and bowtie propaganda just so I dont forget....Did they already play the HEMI one? I dont see it on tonight...

Just got done watching the show, how many errors can you remember. No TVO cheating now....OK, rewind the tape, lets pick it apart some, for fun.

I still like it though! Nice to see them run.

Kinda wish I had Tivo now...

They said the Dusters last year was 1975...

Was the 1971 340 still 10.0:1 compression? Thought the 71's were slightly softer like the 383s...

I know I sat in a '76 Duster. After that, if someone sez so, I'll buy it. Er, make that believe it.

Kinda wish I had Tivo now...

They said the Dusters last year was 1975...

Was the 1971 340 still 10.0:1 compression? Thought the 71's were slightly softer like the 383s...

I think they might have changed the compression mid-year .. I know my first Duster was a 71, and it was a low compression 8:1 (though I thought they went from 10.5 to 8.5, but the show said 10 to 8 ) ... Anyhow, that engine was a real dog ...Pretty sure it was the original engine cause it was only 2 years old when I got it .. When I finally blew it up, I found a 340 from a '68 or '69 Cuda (I think) and that thing was a screamer...

As for picking the show apart Rob ??? My heart is still thumping after seeing all those Dusters and Demons for 30 minutes, thought I'd died and went to heaven !! I do remember a strange looking badge on the top, forward side of right fender on a '70 Duster that didn't look like it belonged there... Some mean *** machines there though... gets me stoked to work on mine after the holidays...

Kenny

Saw it !!!!!!!!

Loved watching the little small block A-bodies spank the big block cars.:icon_smi:

I do remember a strange looking badge on the top, forward side of right fender on a '70 Duster that didn't look like it belonged there...

Kenny

The 1970 did have the 'Valiant' emblem above the 'Duster 340' stickers on the fender. They also had the Valiants 'V-8' emblem on the front of the fender.
I am guessing you were looking at the orange 1970 Duster 340?

The 1970 did have the 'Valiant' emblem above the 'Duster 340' stickers on the fender. They also had the Valiants 'V-8' emblem on the front of the fender.
I am guessing you were looking at the orange 1970 Duster 340?

OK, the Valiant badge above the Duster 340 I knew about, it's on my car.. I didn't know about the V-8 one up front... mine must be missing that ... Yea, I think it was the orange one, beautiful car too !!

I do remember a strange looking badge on the top, forward side of right fender on a '70 Duster that didn't look like it belonged there...

Kenny[/QUOTE]

When the Duster(Valiant)came out in 1970 Chrysler was afraid of sales,so they put the popular Valiant name above Duster.After sales of the Duster in 70 skyrocketed,they removed the Valiant badge for 71.

On another note,I watched the performance engine American Muscle car show,results as follows.

Chevy 409: hp 406 trq 430
Ford 427: hp 637 trq 554
Pontiac 421: hp 488 trq 470
Chrysler Street Hemi 426: hp 820 trq 689 :yawinkle:
Chevy L-88 (rat) 427: hp 527 trq 501

Ok the little "valiant" badge on the rear portion of front fenders was on all '70 dusters,as for the "V8" on the front portion of the fenders,i;ve owned 3 dusters 2 number matching 340 cars,and 1 318 car the only one that came with the V8 badge on the fender was the 318 car...as for compression '68-'71 340's had 10.5 to 1 ...

My duster and I was on that show. What do you all think of my car?

My duster and I was on that show. What do you all think of my car?

Are you the guy they were interviewing, and got pulled over cause you chirped 2nd gear all the time ?? I'm sure I'm gonna watch it over (10X's) so I'll be on the lookout ... Either way, nice car !!!

Kenny

-
Back