One more A-Body back on the road!!!

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Thanks to all of the help that this forum has provided (you guys are awesome!), my car is officially back on the road!

1973 Dart Sport
Originally a 318 car
Built October 1972, delivered 12/26/1972 in Charlotte, made its way to CT sometime in the 80s.

It's now powered by a "Magnum 300" crate motor (bought from a great local forum member) with a mildly built original A904, 650cfm carb, Doug's headers.

There's some sorting out to do...specifically tuning up the carb, reconnecting the tach, putting the power steering back together, setting up the electric fans...but I'm keeping it as stock looking as possible on the outside. The paint is all original (with the exception of that driver's side fender that was dented when I bought it) and it shows...but I like the wear and tear. :)

I'm still hunting for a suitable rear axle to replace the 7.25...

Anyway, I just got back from the DMV with my plates so I just wanted to say a big thanks to the forum. This car has been with me since I was 17 (more than half my life!) I put 30,000 wonderful miles on that old 318, only driving it in the roadsalt free months...then it sat for 12 years while I went on with life (like an idiot). It's so great to have my old friend back.

I'd also like to thank Mother Nature for holding off on the bad weather (in CT)... :D

Attachments

• Dart 12-15-2015- small.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Dart-11-2-2013_small-2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 318
Congratulations :cheers: I sure am happy to see this thread pop up today :color: Good news is good news here at forabodies :coffee2: I bet there are many great tech's here to thank I am sure :glasses7:

I can't wait to start a thread just like this one :glasses7:

Nice car and congrats! Maybe I'll see you on the road sometime, this "winter" has had quite the slow start.

Right on...I recommend this forum to every A-body person I meet. There are a ton of really smart, generous people on here.

I think there's something about the combination of the stereotypical savvy Mopar fan who is ALSO unpretentious enough to have a humble (but awesome, of course) ABody that leads to a generally great group of people. I have to guess that www.ForCBodiesonly.com is similar in that regard. :D

Nice car and congrats! Maybe I'll see you on the road sometime, this "winter" has had quite the slow start.

Ha...well if not, I certainly pan to rack up the miles this summer. There are a couple of good weekly cruise nights around the state. It would be awesome to see your '74 out there!

Looks great to see the old girl up and running! Enjoy the warm weather this winter up in the NE. We are taking it for the team out west this season:finga:

Dave,

Congrats! Enjoy every mile with your lost friend.

Good stuff!
I love the Dart Sports, it's great to see another A-Body on the road!

Nice to see it on the road again.

You said you have a "Magnum 300". I have a "Magnum 380" in my '69 GTS that I recently detuned with a comp cam (264 HR, 264°/274° duration (210°/220° @ 0.050)and .512 in. /.512 in. lift), AirGap DP intake and 650 Eddy Thunder carb.

Do you know any of the details on your "300" for comparison?

AFIK it is the same block, (9:1 compression) and has the Mopar dual plane intake (vs. the AirGap DP that I put on) and the cam is the mystery I want to understand.

It's officially home!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 118
Freshly washed...it's not actually this shiny. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 116
-
Back