One of our guys made a flower.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I saw one of the guys making all these different size disks and was like "what the hell are you doing?"
He says "I saw this U tube video of a guy making a flower and thought I'd try it."

Well dam if he didn't nail it.

20181203_130510_zpso1hjg4ur.jpg

20181203_130519_zpslar9xzus.jpg

I told him well if your gonna "waist" our copper now you gotta make one for my lady!

I gotta say its fricking good.

:rofl:

Today I made one for my girl.

Tomorrow we gonna shut down the shop after lunch and go into copper rose production. I need two more (one for my girl, one for my mom and one for my sister.)
My buddy who made the first one also needs three. So rose production it is!

20181204_154358_zpsbnputrib.jpg

20181204_155820_zpsvgezel3a.jpg

20181204_164145_zpsqale3psm.jpg

Turns out running a fab shop dont make you ritch, so being that I'm broke and got lots of copper sheets everyone gets a copper rose this year!

I wonder if you should clear coat them to keep them from tarnishing. Make a mixed bouquet of copper and brass roses.

Just making the one took me four hours and we got a Beverly sheer. I didn't use any patterns. I just freehand the things. The guy in the video must have a day easy into one.
Nor did I bother deburing cuz the sheer cuts clean. I also did not anele the copper. It makes it a little harder to work but I figured let's try a few different things.

I'm just gonna leave em raw that way they can age and tarnish over time. I think it will add to the look.

Although looking at the ones laid flat daisies would be easy.

Then pops pulled up a lily that looks super easy.

Hell why build race cars at all, we just gonna make flowers for ritch ladys. Sell em by the dozen for a grand....

:rofl::lol:

Valentine's Day is coming up, make a dozen at a time.

Love will always be free, but holidays are very commercialized these days.

When I make a dozen there's gonna be a ring in the center of one.
Maybe next year I'll post a pic of that.

@Rainy Day Auto
@CudaChick1968

What would you pay for one of these. (If you were gonna pay)

Would you like to see them pin stripped, or just leave them as is?

I'm not trying to sell them to you just looking for the female perspective on price range.

I was thinking maybe the next show we make like 3 or 4 put them in a coke bottle and set them on the ground.

At three or four hours each they gotta pay for them self or it's just not worth my time. (I could probably nock that time down to 1.5-2 hours after a few.)

I think the rose is about the hardest flower to make, it has a lot of pedals that are all curves. How bout a sunflower, or something?

Maybe they not worth even making for sale?

Any female advice would be awesome.

I was thinking about adding leaves to the stem but the flower head is heavy and leaves would stop the stem from dropping into a vase, causing the thing to fall over.

Thank you for the time and advice.

Last edited:
@Rainy Day Auto
@CudaChick1968

I'm not trying to sell them to you just looking for the female perspective on price range.

I was thinking maybe the next show we make like 3 or 4 put them in a coke bottle and set them on the ground.

At three or four hours each they gotta pay for them self or it's just not worth my time.

I was thinking about adding leaves to the stem but the flower head is heavy and leaves would stop the stem from dropping into a vase, causing the thing to fall over.

I have to interject brother. Competing with the 3D printing and cnc market is tough. You really have to be an original artist to pull off some sort of living and then its iffy at best.

Yeah I know, but I'm not trying not make a living off selling these. Just wonder what the market on something like this is.

I realise its probably not worth even doing except for my loved ones. Just figured it's worth doing a little research on.

@Rainy Day Auto
@CudaChick1968

At three or four hours each they gotta pay for them self or it's just not worth my time. (I could probably nock that time down to 1.5-2 hours after a few.)

I think the rose is about the hardest flower to make, it has a lot of pedals that are all curves. How bout a sunflower, or something?

I have seen that video before and others similar. I have no idea where to start with what they are worth but I know how time consuming it is to make a flower like that. I have attempted it before, only to not get the effect I was after. Pretty much wasted a day after friday on a project that ended up on the scrap pile. LoL

I might attempt it again but for now I can't justify putting the time into it when I have so much else going on.

If you count labor, its worth a lot . If you count what people will pay, probably not so much.

... and here I thought I was getting tagged to coat something for you :mob: LOL

A friend in my industry made them a couple years ago and custom coated them in candy colors -- they were very pretty and he sold a bunch. If I remember right they were around forty bucks. I didn't buy any ... I despise dust catchers / fru fru stuff.

-
Back