One of those days

-

340john

Reaction score
I start off to work and here a noise in my truck. I am driving my 99 Dakota (I bought new in Nov 98 and have 71k miles). get to work and pull it into the shop hit the brakes and it doesn't stop...pedal goes to the floor! Put it on the lift an see that the brake lines have rusted through. no warning...no visual rust anywhere else on the truck. investigate the noise I heard earlier and discover that the water pump is bad, buy a new pump start to replace it but cant turn the petcock to drain the radiator. Take the cap off and find major rust in the rad WTH! want to take it out and get it cleaned but cant take the lines off because, oh yeah...their rusted too. Did I mention that the belt freyed and tore up the hood insulation too and now the valve covers are leaking, I just checked the oil and did maintainance three weeks ago. Not a good day.

SOunds like a day you will always remember, Like Kim said, I hope you
have something to drive if this was your daily driver.. wow!! That is allot to deal with all at one time, I hope this is behind you soon .

I feel your pain bud.I have a 95 ram and a couple of years ago my brake line going to the rear rusted through and I actualy had to drop my fuel tank to get to the bad spot,and about a week later guess what went out?..........yup my water pump.Oh and yes I have alot rust in my rad. too so much so it clogged my heater core.I have been flushing it about every year to try and keep the crap from clogging anything up.

When it rains it pours. It is terrible to have all that happen all at once and in the winter too. May God bless the rest of your day and make good things happen for you.

The funny thing is these things never happen when it is nice outside and you can lay in the grass to fix it. It always seems to happen when its 10 degrees outside. Last year when I was moving into my new place my car blew a brake line right in the middle of the move.

-
Back