Open invitation to come to the Sunshine state

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'd like to welcome you snow birds down to get a taste of the REAL Florida! Not that Sissy November,December, January stuff. Yesterday it was 98 Degrees with a feels like temp of 112! Today we had a Fl. cold front come thru, yea only 97 degrees and a feels like temp of 111!
So come on down. Don't forget your jacket. Eh?

It was 94 with a feels like temperature of 104 over here on the right coast. We ended up mowing the lawn late this morning and I started reinstalling the Doug's headers on the D/Dart. this afternoon. It wasn't all that bad today.

I'd like to welcome you snow birds down to get a taste of the REAL Florida! Not that Sissy November,December, January stuff. Yesterday it was 98 Degrees with a feels like temp of 112! Today we had a Fl. cold front come thru, yea only 97 degrees and a feels like temp of 111!

Feel your pain. Worked on rebuiling a trailer house over the Summer a few years back. Getting things structurally sound to stand up to the hurricane seasons. Talk about sweat while doing the work, hot with high humidity.

Got her done though . . .

LMAO. I forgot about that. I was in the USAF for 20 years and made it to Hawaii many times. BEAUTIFUL place.

I live in Polk County and I kind of feel your pain. I've been in the hospital all this week but I would rather be outside able to walk my dog in the morning and evening. It's not so bad then. Just don't go out and work in the afternoon.

63spf... why did you hijack Roy's thread with all the pictures of Hawaii. Start your own thread if you want to do that. Say what you want to say and then s t f u!

I think it should be more expensive for snowbirds to do what they do. Lord knows you can't find a damn handicap spot down here in the winter time. I don't know why they don't increase the number of them.

Wipe ur eye, sorry eh !
Snow birds, Hawaii is full of them. And we get bad weather, Volcanos, Hurricanes, Huge waves. So u not the only one !
@SGBARRACUDA i do apologize. My bad !
But i dont need Assholes like @Valiant63 to tell me to shut the **** up. By the way, hope u get better ! Hospital suck !
All i was trying to do was to get @SGBARRACUDA to smile a little. Once again sorry SG !

Last edited:
I spent 11 years as a Snow Bird, down there. One time I came down , in August, with plans to stay for a couple weeks, -- arrived on Friday, and left on Monday (3 days later), , due to excessive heat. -- Never again, during the summer.

My car thermometer said 107 Tuesday

NOAA/NWS recorded 100 in Bartow

If its a short run of that type of weather I can deal with it.. This weekend here in MN they are talking upper 90's with a possibility of reaching 103.. Problem here is the damn humidity. Even me as a man can get humititity, psst. the wife hates it. LOL

:rofl:

giphy.gif

Roy I’m coming. Got 3 boxes of stuff plus some trim too. I’m coming when I see my 1st snow flake.

Wipe ur eye, sorry eh !
Snow birds, Hawaii is full of them. And we get bad weather, Volcanos, Hurricanes, Huge waves. So u not the only one !
@SGBARRACUDA i do apologize. My bad !
But i dont need Assholes like @Valiant63 to tell me to shut the **** up. By the way, hope u get better ! Hospital suck !
All i was trying to do was to get @SGBARRACUDA to smile a little. Once again sorry SG !

Hey Brah.....You post pics of that beautiful rock anytime, anywhere. No need to apologize. Aloha from SoCal.

584204214e65fad6a7709cfc_1500.jpg

**** it's brutal. Still beats a snow shovel.

I was born and raised here, same county. I'm still not use to it after 64 years.
Ditto. Well, 56 years......
So were my parents. Dad moved to NC with new wife after Mom died. Was back after about two winters.

I hear people saying be careful at Carlisle with the heat, stay hydrated, etc.
Huh?
I'm not did-respectin' but come-on. How bad could it be? You ever thrown hay for a summer job, or hoed orange tree's?
Guess I'll find out how bad PA is.

Last edited:
Coming to St Augustine in October.. I live in Western NY so it will probably snow when I'm leaving. I'm tired of these friggin winters and FL. looks good. Maybe live there and summer here, that's a thought. Don't know how you deal with the summer heat/humidity, especially the people who work in it.

Last edited:
We retired to the the right coast to take advantage of the breeze off of the ocean. I don't remember it ever getting to be over 100* in this area. If it has, it's very seldom. We have a lot of days in the upper 90's though. Right now, our normal high is 89*. Been here for 16 years and don't plan on going back to Michigan, except to visit.

Born and raised in Sarasota County and agree the summers are brutal, September is the worst, I don't miss it. The sun is so strong, your steering wheel will burn you. People with the means to do it have places in North Carolina to escape to. As kids we pretty much stayed wet all day outside with the garden hose. Indoors we'd lie flat on the terrazzo floor. No a/c.

Edit. should add from age 13 I worked at my Grandpa's lumberyard Saturdays and summers, no pay, he let us drive the forklift, frontend loader and truck, we didn't mind the heat as much because it was fun.

Last edited:
-
Back