Opinions on 67 Barracuda convertible...

-

Kllrbee

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I imagine its frowned upon to ask opinions on what something is worth without seeing/driving it firsthand. But Im a little lost on this as Im new to A bodies.
67 Barracuda convertible, 273 2bbl, 83k miles, 904, 7 1/4 SG. All original. Factory AC car (not hooked up). Motor was rebuilt few years back to stock specs. Starts easy, runs good. No bad smoke or leaks that I could see. Shifts decent. Car was repainted its original yellow (dt2350 i think) 7-8 yrs ago. Black interior nice shape.
Top has some minor damage in rear window seam area. Pretty straight and solid body. Some bubbling is starting in the lower rear quarters. Surface rust in trunk. Frame and rockers seem solid. Honestly, its hard to get a really good idea underneath cuz its got that spray which is 50 yrs old.
Missing a good amount of moulding, trim, antenna. Front bezels are very weathered and pitted. Bumpers decent though. Also missing inner door panels and linkage I believe.
Does have new tires, brakes, exhaust, and gas tank.
Guy wants 9k. Seems very reasonable to me considering I cant find any under 15k. But like I said, Im new to A bodies.
Fwiw, my intentions are not to have a show car or a race car. Id like a weekend cruiser that I can drive while working on it. Not really looking for a resto project at this point. Maybe down the road, but for now, just something I can drive to Mopars in the park.
Any thoughts?
I can maybe get a pic or 2 as well if it helps.
Thanks for any help guys.

00c0c_ammB5djhSAi_1200x900.jpg
00K0K_2UMzhTXr8Li_1200x900.jpg
00s0s_9KGheelMeJZ_1200x900.jpg

Is the seller a Chevy guy?...(black underhood)...dead giveaway that they aren't Mopar lovers....otherwise car looks pretty good.

JMHO....

Lol...I thought that was odd too. He owns a garage and it does seem like hes a Chevy guy. Few old Vettes, Nomad, and a 57 were in his shop. One of his guys has a nice 73 Duster though.

It's a V8 ragtop in better-than-decent condition. No MAJOR flaws. Some issues that are pretty easy to solve. You can drive it while you polish it up. Overall I'd say maybe a hair overpriced but not too bad. I'd see if he's negotiable on price, but IMHO it's a pretty fair deal as is.

Lol...I thought that was odd too. He owns a garage and it does seem like hes a Chevy guy. Few old Vettes, Nomad, and a 57 were in his shop. One of his guys has a nice 73 Duster though.
Glad he has at least 1 classy guy working for him....:lol:

Check all the usual places for rust and bondo, clean title, etc, etc. Looks like an OK deal to me

Be sure to check know a body weak spots- torsion bar cross member, rear spring hangers. Bring a convertible check rockers too. 1967 also has one year only idler arm. After lucking out and finding a Florida car, I'd be hard pressed to buy another rusty Illinois car even if repair right.

After going thru it again more thoroughly, the underside is not trashed, but very questionable. It will need repair sooner than later. Even though price seems good, I think Ill pass on this one and keep looking.
Thanks for the help guys.

That's a steal @ 9k Bro . The Body , & interior look stick . Super Low Miles . Snatch that up Immediately .

-
Back