Opinions on Firm Feel's "Frame Hung" Rear Sway Bars

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I'm looking for input on those who have used the Firm Feel frame hung rear sway bars. In theory, they make a whole lot of sense, but I'd like to hear first hand from other's who have them. Thanks for the input!

Their rear sway bars are a copy of Chrysler’s factory engineered 1976 A-body police/taxi bars. I have one but don’t have an A-body to put it on.

I have one on / in my 72 duster along with the FF SS springs, an 8.75 with an adjustable snubber, 1 inch lowering block and RCD shocks. Have a stock tank and 2.5 inch full exhaust dumping out at the bumper. No clearance issue. Have the FF 1.03 T bars, RCD shock and their front sway bar with BBP brakes and 73 up drag link. My car is setup for Auto-X / corner carving and handles really well, very predictable when heavy on the gas and ballin in the corners…

I also set mine up to be able to unhook the sway bar and swing it up to the frame rail and use a quick pin to hold it up when I get some time to hit the strip.

Yea the FF stuff is kinda expensive, but it is quality and I’m local to them…

I can post a few pics tomorrow, when I take her out for a rip around town..

Here’s 3 pics from when I was installing.

A6B8C852-0C02-4FEA-9A02-9E181C3A46A3.png

D66C7179-EC28-43DF-BB91-4F5BD8BDE4B6.png

A6067A37-1A14-483E-B201-1A42E9D52D12.png

I really LIKE how they made that frame rail reinforcement piece. That's nice. Looks like a high quality kit.

I have one on / in my 72 duster along with the FF SS springs, an 8.75 with an adjustable snubber, 1 inch lowering block and RCD shocks. Have a stock tank and 2.5 inch full exhaust dumping out at the bumper. No clearance issue. Have the FF 1.03 T bars, RCD shock and their front sway bar with BBP brakes and 73 up drag link. My car is setup for Auto-X / corner carving and handles really well, very predictable when heavy on the gas and ballin in the corners…

I also set mine up to be able to unhook the sway bar and swing it up to the frame rail and use a quick pin to hold it up when I get some time to hit the strip.

Yea the FF stuff is kinda expensive, but it is quality and I’m local to them…

I can post a few pics tomorrow, when I take her out for a rip around town..

Scody21, thanks for the detail. Awesome. I'm a firm believer in the saying "ya get what ya pay for", but sometimes we get burned too. FF has a good reputation for thinking things through, so yeah, I expected to hear good things. Again, thanks for the input.

I really LIKE how they made that frame rail reinforcement piece. That's nice. Looks like a high quality kit.

Yep, all the brackets are super solid like that. The front sway bar brackets are triangulated unlike factory with the dual mounting holes. And they have some LCA sway bar brackets that mount to the shock bolt for the end links as I have non tabbed LCA’s. The UCA are a nice unit. The plate that bolts on the spring for the rear end links in super nice also. It’s hidden by the drum, I’ll post some more pics tomorrow… the only thing that sucks about FF is the sticker shock, but their really not much more than the other guys…

-
Back