Opinions on rake, 66 Signet

-

hotrod swinger

Reaction score
59A58467-064C-446E-86BA-17929218DEFB.jpeg
I have an alignment scheduled for next week so I’m working on my front ride height.

A little less rake or just right? I know it’s ultimately up to me, just canvassing opinions.

Thanks!

I would lower the back down level with the front. That is a beautiful car ! The rake as it sits would look better with some bigger tires on the back. My friend has a 62 and it sits level and looks really good level with the factory wheels.

Do you have some pictures from the front and rear. I’d like to send him some pictures. His is blue with a white top.

Lowering the rear? That's a lot of work when you can just raise the front. Looks perfect to me. BUt you know how I roll.

2.20.22c.jpg

I would lower the back down level with the front. That is a beautiful car ! The rake as it sits would look better with some bigger tires on the back. My friend has a 62 and it sits level and looks really good level with the factory wheels.
Took the words, and opinion, right out of my mouth.....

View attachment 1715984490 I have an alignment scheduled for next week so I’m working on my front ride height.

A little less rake or just right? I know it’s ultimately up to me, just canvassing opinions.

Thanks!
That is a beauty. (Canadian Valiant) It looks like you are running the same sized tires front and rear so any "look" you may want will have to be made with altitude adjustments.

Mike it looks like your is set at the same ride height
Could be. Lord only knows where mine is. I have had a bunch of different tires and wheels on it and they all look different. Park it on a hill and it really looks like it has a lot of rake.

001d.jpg

10 5 05003.jpg

059.jpg

IMG_0686 (1).JPG

View attachment 1715984490 I have an alignment scheduled for next week so I’m working on my front ride height.

Thanks!
My 65 Dart has a similar rake as yours and Mike's. Irs a little more so when I have taller tires on the back 245 60 14s. But it's still there with 225 60 14s all around.

You could raise your nose an inch if you wanted it a little more level, but I like it the way it is. So many early As looked like this with V8s in them.

I like the rake as it sits. That said, it'll be a little tough to get as much caster out of it with the rear sitting up that high, because raising the rear reduces the caster. What I would do is let them get it on the rack and see what they can do with it. It might line up ok, then again it might not.

I like the rake as it sits. That said, it'll be a little tough to get as much caster out of it with the rear sitting up that high, because raising the rear reduces the caster. What I would do is let them get it on the rack and see what they can do with it. It might line up ok, then again it might not.

I think that’s what I’m going to do, give it to them like it is and see what they can do. The shop I’ve hired does really good alignment work. If they say it needs to be raised a bit to get it right that’s what I’ll do.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the power and sound of a V8, but the slant six is just so cool and simple.

My wife loves it, says it sounds like a tractor with a performance exhaust lol.

3F9B526B-7457-4D44-8117-C05ED9C97C4E.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong, I love the power and sound of a V8, but the slant six is just so cool and simple.

My wife loves it, says it sounds like a tractor with a performance exhaust lol.

View attachment 1715984635
When you get some compression and some cam, they sound more like something exotic like a hot Jaguar or somethin. At least mine sure does. It's unique for sure.

Looks good to me, all your buddies are going to want to ride in it and you’ll be happy with the extra height

-
Back