Opinions Wanted - What Do You Think Of This Style Scoop on '67-69 Dart???

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal...I want something different for the look on my Dart. Something that hasn't been done to death (six pack style) and really don't want to use the '68 Hemi scoop since it's going to have a stout small block in it.
Thought about the twin '70 Dart/Duster/Demon scoops but just don't think they look quite right on the '67-'69 Darts.
What do you think about this style? I think it blends nicely with the rectangular theme of the Dart front end (I know this pic is a Valiant - the build was done by my club - Inland Mopars).

View attachment SoCalShootout2008023_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2008Valiant400 (Small).jpg

Do you think it's too long, too big, or wrong style? I need to make up my mind pretty soon!

Like it was said before ANYTHING BUT A GM based or Ford Based scoop on a MOPAR ( meaning ANY MOPAR scoops is good)...the hemi scoop looks good on that valiant...but the newer style CAMARO exhaust tips in front of the rear wheels are kinda cheesy....would have been a good place for some good old Mopar T/A tips!!

the ole' A990/AFX scoop! i like it! great if you only need a little clearance!

Here it is on a scamp, not mine. Was gonna go that route for mine but opted for the stock bulge hood.

Attachments

• scamp.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 266
Hey Ken, I beat you to it. Just put one on my Dart but a taller one. Looks alot better than the Barn Door hemi scoop I had on it. I don't have pics but can send them later.
That pic of the blue Scamp looks very close. I think you will like it.

I think the split in that grille would fit the split in the snorkle perfect on the valiant. as far as a dart. the bulge hood or the hemi scoop. just my preference. I saw a bulge hood with a snorkle. It came to my garage and I got to drive it. It was like looking out over a big motor the bulges looked like the valve covers and the scoop look like a ram air filter. It was a neat look from in the car and out.. He did it because the hood once burned and warped from a carb fire. I remember I did twin scoops close together on a 68 for that same reason years back.

I think it might look good, i don't care for the look of the 2 scoops like the '70 swinger had on a '67-'69 Dart though. And definitely not a '73 snorkle scoop.
I still think the Hemi dart scoop and the factory power bulge looks best on these cars.

68' Hemi or GTS/340 Bulged (I know not a "scoop" but still looks good) I've had both, liked the Hemi but went OG for my GTS. The one I have is not as tall as the original 68' Hemi, and it looked good. I have the hood and scoop bonded, riveted and painted Vit C if your interested, it does need some work (cracks around the scoop), but is a good hood and scoop, has lived indoors for all it's life since it was painted. I'd sell it cheap.

How about something way different, but still all Mopar...

100_1644.jpg

-
Back