Opinions Wanted

-

ChargedDart75

Reaction score
Saw this beaut of an '84 Ram Charger, guy wants 1,000 bucks for it and it looks like it's a 360 (guessing from the thermoquad), but it is auto and 4x4. Rough as a cob. The floor boards are gone, it's got rust everywhere, although the frame looks to be in good shape, at least what I could see. I thought about offering him 500 and see what he says. What do you guys think?
20201114_125440.jpg

all depends on what you want to do with it.

if it runs and has relatively low miles it might be worth more if you part it out than the asking price.

if your just going to beat the crap out of it 1000 isn't too much. beat it till it dies then scrap it.

if your going to restore it maybe not

If the frame is solid and the drive train is all there and WORKS, it's worth 1K. But yeah, try to get it as good as you can. Keep us posted. That thing is cool!

all depends on what you want to do with it.

if it runs and has relatively low miles it might be worth more if you part it out than the asking price.

if your just going to beat the crap out of it 1000 isn't too much. beat it till it dies then scrap it.

if your going to restore it maybe not
I don't really want to part it, although the drivetrain might be worth the asking price. I've always like the Ram Chargers, but it is pretty rough. Might take a lot of money to make decent. Definetly don't want to just beat the crap out of it.

If the frame is solid and the drive train is all there and WORKS, it's worth 1K. But yeah, try to get it as good as you can. Keep us posted. That thing is cool!
It was pretty wet around it so I didn't crawl around it too much. They said everything works but I'd make double sure. They did say the brakes are crap, so my guess is a rusted line.

Have a grand in your pockets when you see him. Offer him 500 bucks, if he goes for it, reach into your right hand pocket and pull out 500 bucks. If you haggle it for $750 then going to your right hand Pocket for the $500, then you left hand pocket for the $250. If he insists on $1000 and you really want it, then reach out to all three pockets.

Be prepared to just simply walk away.

I would check the case fluids...front, rear, xfer, water has a way of getting in. If you really want it bring a change of cloths and some cardboard.

Have a grand in your pockets when you see him. Offer him 500 bucks, if he goes for it, reach into your right hand pocket and pull out 500 bucks. If you haggle it for $750 then going to your right hand Pocket for the $500, then you left hand pocket for the $250. If he insists on $1000 and you really want it, then reach out to all three pockets.

Be prepared to just simply walk away.
That's how I've always done it. And always walk away if the deal isn't right. No harm, no foul.

Look for the Supercharger switch- it may had been a Texas Ranger truck. Lol!

That would be gone in a NY minute out here in So. Cal for a G. All crap is overpriced out here.

we got sand dunes out here, bring it! Plenty of rich people who like to play in the sand still. This would be fun tooling around Pismo or Glamis if it could make it there. Lots of drivetrain for $1000.

-
Back