Opinions?

-

holmes

Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing my tire/wheel combo on my Duster and would like some feedback from the members here on fabo.
I'm thinking about either going with body colored steelies with dog dish hub caps or these wheels below or should I stay with the ralleys?
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• showheels.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 235
  • my duster at mmw.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 211
Those torque thrusts would look soooo much better, in my opinion. Get a nice wide tire under the rear too.

Tough choice I love ralleys but im guessing the "D"s would give you a totally different look for the car

i have four sets of wheels and tires that i change around all the time, and i still dont have all the combos i want.when i get new sets, i just keep my previous sets and play musical wheels. i cant ever decide what i like best lol

Thanks guys this is why I asked for opinions. I'm wondering if body colored steelies and dog dishes would be too much red....if there is such a thing as too much red. Also the tq wheels will most likely be 20s in the rear and 18s in the front with 40 series tires in order to get the back spacing so they tuck inside the fenderwells. I would also lower the car some all around.

i think it would look tough with body color steels with dishes and trim rings. it looks good with rallyes. it would look great with torque thrusts or similar.it would also look great with magnum 500s or chrome reverses. personally ,i like centerlines on my duster, but i also have some big slots and steel wheels,and some cragar s/s wheels that i periodically trade out. just a matter of preference.

I'v never been a big fan of colored steel wheels, I think it looks like a cheap car with them. I prefer the rallies, or centerlines, or crager SS. Torquethrust are cool too, if no larger than 15 inch. I'm not crazy about putting large diameter rims on a classic car, as it looks out of place in my opinion.

I'm thinking about changing my tire/wheel combo on my Duster and would like some feedback from the members here on fabo.
I'm thinking about either going with body colored steelies with dog dish hub caps or these wheels below or should I stay with the ralleys?
Thanks for any input.

rally wheels are just over done and boring to me these days..

painted steel wheels are tough looking. would be bad *** to fine a set of 17" steelies..

this wheel is bad *** looking. not sure how the grey would look on the red car. a nice polished alum would pop on it though. 20's would be too big though. 17 or 18" all the way around would look best in my opinion..
attachment.php

the polished, black or the black chrome would probably look really nice on the car..

Attachments

• coys.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 151
I'm a bit partial to the steelies, body colored or black. They have a way of saying, "I'm just a plain car, but I can blow your doors off!!"

Change is good sometimes, 15" work well and look right for the time period of your car. If I was going to do some serious cornering 17" 18" would be nice for the handling and response.

you need to decide what look your going for is the car all stock looking acting or would this make your car feel like a g machine? If your gonna go 18's and 20's your car will "feel" alot different than it does now thats for sure

Thanks guys, a lot of good input from everyone. Since the car was born a /6 bottom of the line everything but heater delete 3 on the tree with black 14 " steelies and dog dish caps(I still have the originals in mint condition) and it was a 4" bolt pattern, I am leaning towards the body colored 15" steelies at the moment like on the Hemi Duster in an earlier post.

Good choice im doing the same with my 76 I. Doing the bb swap now but im gonna do black steelies w/dog dishes

coice number 2!!! choice number 2!! those 17" torq thrusts would look SWEET!!! Those are by far my favorite wheel for any car. lol

-
Back