opinions

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
stansblu72---yellow rose --
I`m trying to loosen my front end up. Wondering about pinning the upper control arm eccentric washers , so I could back the nuts off a hair to loosen things up.
What say you ?? opinions!

stansblu72---yellow rose --
I`m trying to loosen my front end up. Wondering about pinning the upper control arm eccentric washers , so I could back the nuts off a hair to loosen things up.
What say you ?? opinions!

So you are thinking to let the control arm pivot on the bolts instead of the bushing rubber?
Bad idea, but I aint stansblu72 or Yellow Rose either.:D

Might be better to run poly upper bushings since they don't have the poly bonded to the metal casing like they do with the rubber ones, so they pivot easier.

stansblu72? Unfortunately, he's no longer with us, if I remember correctly. Can you maybe get a little more specific with your question? Are you trying to loosen the upper control arm cam bolts and cannot?

badidea. The alignment will not hold.
When the alignment guy set it, he not only rotated the cams but the bolts moved vertically in the slots. So the bolts are who knows where. The second you loosen the bolts, even with the cams pinned, your alignment will move. Whether for better or worse, in cannot say.
Then consider what will happen when you hit a bump, or slam on the brakes.
And finally, how long will the bolts last when operating as bearings?

Last edited:
I've never pinned the cams, but I have removed them and taken a center punch and punched several punch marks on the frame side of them to give them some tooth to hold. It works pretty good.

Don't want to pay for a new front end alignment, not changing out anything .
I dont even know a front end alignment guy that I would trust on this mag force front end , now that the guy I used retired, dam sure aint taking it to some computer kid !
I did buy some new rebound adjustable shocks, and lubed everything up, went to a lighter coil spring (coil over shocks). I loosened the nuts a hair on the upper control arms, after marking the washers, tred to tighten them by feel the same , the drivers side was way tighter than the pass side, and it was the stiffest in travel.
I can now bounce the front end about 3 ? inches, before I couldnt move it up and down at all. Surely this will help my 1.70 60 fts.
That and the intake problem , makes me hopeful this thing will E T more like it should . ?????? Only running 10" x 29" treaded slicks .
Find out in Nov. at the mopar meet hopefully . ??????

Last edited:
-
Back