Original Cragar lug wrench and oem cragar lug nuts

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Found these in my old tool box, (along with my old 68 Roadrunner door emblem). The lug nuts are in very good shape as is the Wrench. The Wrench came along with the original cragars pictured on the 68 Form S. These were installed right after the original owner bought the Fish.
Are they better then the currently sold lug nuts? They seem to be better quality then what I see for sale currently.

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

You're joking, right?

50 year old made in USA parts - versus - modern day made in China crap?

Gee, I'm not sure what I would use? Decisions, decisions.

I would use them in a heartbeat! Just bought some new lug nuts of eBay for the small bolt Cragars and they seemed to be just fine. Who knows how long they will last on down the road though...

Just make dang SURE those unilug washers are installed correctly and seated properly. A little grease on them would help.

I don't need them now, cars been gone for 31 years... Sold the other Form S about 5 years ago. Don't know if I'll ever be in the position to get something to replace them.

Nice find, I like that style of lug and with the wrench - for the win

The chrome will probably last longer than anything made today.

I sold Cragars for years and have never seen a wrench like that. How long of a pipe will you need for 100 ft. lbs.? :lol:

If I remember correctly, the wrench worked well. These are 1/2x20 RH lugs. I know the lug wrench does not fit these lug nuts.
I have a couple plastic lined deep sockets I saved back. They work well on those chrome nuts. (plastic on the inside)

-
Back