Other brands of cars

-
My 1st car was a 70 Swinger 340 had to sell as an ultimatum and picked up another one a few years ago, but I have had this 50 Chevy for 25 years redone it twice in that time

87155621-C3FE-43D2-A984-FD3D1BEE3C13.jpeg

4B1B4420-31AC-4B6E-A2C6-380B1580A19E.jpeg

AD85E815-9856-4F96-B349-D7909C00E84A.jpeg

I've had just shy of 70 cars, trucks, 4wds and vans. I've owned Mopar, a Ford, a few Pontiacs, several Chevys, a Mazda, a Datsun, a couple of Nissans, a Honda and a Buick. Never owned an AMC, a Cadillac or an Oldsmobile.
I love the 70-81 Camaro and Firebird cars and 73-87 Chevy/GMC trucks.
C 10 J.jpg

My 1st car was a 61 Impala convertible. 409, 4 speed. Had that thing 20 something years, but life happened and I had to sell it 14 years ago. I had several Oldsmobile and I'm partial to the 72's with the rocket 350. I still look for another Impala.
My first Mopar was a 71 Charger with a 383 which was what got me the mopar fever.

Just to clarify I do love a lot of other muscle cars and respect any car that someone has put their Blood Sweat and Tears into but this is what it looks like at my house at a family BBQ my wife drives 200 S convertible, my daughter has an SRT 300, my mom has a 300 Chrysler, my father-in-law drives a Jeep Cherokee, my daughter-in-law drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee, my son has an SRT Challenger and I have a Dodge van 340 swinger and Dodge Dakota everyone else can park down the street LOL

some of us don't really give a **** about being the fastest car out there. personally i'd prefer a good cruising and handling car over the fastest thing around.
Never mean't to say that I was fastest. Just when I was young, It was a passion. We raced and talked a lot of bs. Mopar was in my blood and dominated. Smoked 396s, 351s, plenty of 350s, and a few 440s on top. I have grown to like other brands. My family was Cadillac's only, and poor to middle class. To the thread, the other cars do have their place but ugly to me. Mopar had their ugly's too. Some of those grilles are sickening and beautiful at the same time. I just never wanted any other brand since 17. My work van is a 5.4 e350 tho. 257k on it and runs great. Rust is my worst issue. They all rust in my area tho. Im just a pure mopar guy i guess.

There are other sites for other brands. Maybe your posting on the wrong site. Lol.. Its all what you build anymore because all the cars of those days have aged, just like we do. Pass em down so they can defy death. Chevy, ford, datsun, pontiac, or whatever. If they are old, they deserve respect but this is a site for mopar. My last 2 cents on this thread. Peace out!

I think that if you have been in this business for a few years you see a different side of classic cars. My first was a 40 plymouth business coupe,engine bad so with the help of a sears welder and an old oak tree- presto-changeo! Off with the front clip and a 55 pontiac v8-3speed out of a neighbors wreck was installed. Next was an Alfa Romeo guiletta spyder and from there it got crazy! Nothing disgusts me more than to take one of my cars to a show where the”number nazi’s” crowd around it to discredit it and me. Even the corvette crowd is not as pinheaded as the Chrysler crowd. I have a packard hawk 59 Scotsman pickup early mustang fastbacks cyclone 67 427 with fiberglass and soft top, bunch of Chrysler stuff and right now working on a 61 Ventura bubbletop. Enjoy them all-they each have design flaws but if they didn’t we wouldn’t have to fix them

-
Back