our 340 Swinger

-
Your car caught my eye and I checked it out earlier in your garage. Nice! I`m a bit partial to those Darts. Great job on the car and the video, Mopar0! That`s a very compelling ,compressed ,comprehensive, chronology. I`ve had several GTS `s in the past and have always loved the 68 and 69 Darts.

Longgone said:
Your car caught my eye and I checked it out earlier in your garage. Nice! I`m a bit partial to those Darts. Great job on the car and the video, Mopar0! That`s a very compelling ,compressed ,comprehensive, chronology. I`ve had several GTS `s in the past and have always loved the 68 and 69 Darts.
Thanks Longgone, glad you liked it. Have always liked the 340 swingers...GTS's are awesome just never owned any, a friend of mine has several GTS's in fact that how I came across this swinger, he thought it was a GTS that he was going to look at and it turned out to be a swinger.. He did want it and he turned me onto it...lucky me !! The video is something I just put together about a month ago. Thanks Again..

Nice! Is your car originally black? At the end it says "I love you...." Is that directed at your wife or the car? :)

Outstanding swingin swinger Mopars0
If that vidio don't give any one the bug to do one nothing will!!
and the music is great,I have never herd it before,who is the artest and I am going to say the name would be Lovin you,I bet Your wife is proud of it to.
Groovin good job on the swinger and the vidio Mopars0 =D> =D>

65s said:
Nice! Is your car originally black? At the end it says "I love you...." Is that directed at your wife or the car? :)
Funny... My wife asked me the same question. good one !!! :thumbup:

The car is midnight blue metallic , have had a lot of people think it's black.
The orginal color was B5 blue...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...oryZ6412QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out this 67 Belvedere conv. on ebay... the dart is the same color. I owned the Belvedere and sold it back in 95 . I liked the color so much I just painted the dart the same. The Belvedere had a built 400 in it then, I can't take credit for the 440/6pack this was done after I sold the car but I restored it.

memike said:
Outstanding swingin swinger Mopars0
If that vidio don't give any one the bug to do one nothing will!!
and the music is great,I have never herd it before,who is the artest and I am going to say the name would be Lovin you,I bet Your wife is proud of it to.
Groovin good job on the swinger and the vidio Mopars0 =D> =D>
Thanks memike.... it's Van Zant (CD) Get Right With The Man.. and song ( Lovin' You ) And yes my wife loves it.... Thanks Again

super nice dart,had a 69 in highschool sold it cheap when i whent to military in 96, love my 73 dart but still want a 69 again, great video , song , and a body

That's the same color that is going on my Valiant. I love that color. I knew a black top would look good with that color. Don't have it back from the paint shop yet. The painter has had some holiday issues apparently. Hope mine turns out as nice as your Dart and that Belvedere. Sweet.

Nice video production and sound track. Car turn out great I love that nice simple original look with some wheels and tires

daves66valiant said:
That's the same color that is going on my Valiant. I love that color. I knew a black top would look good with that color. Don't have it back from the paint shop yet. The painter has had some holiday issues apparently. Hope mine turns out as nice as your Dart and that Belvedere. Sweet.
Thanks Dave, the black will set it off, my friends thought I was crazy for doing the same color again but I just think it's a awesome color... Send some pictures when your car is done... I know it will be awesome...

zhandfull said:
Nice video production and sound track. Car turn out great I love that nice simple original look with some wheels and tires
Thanks Zhandfull, I like the simple look also....

Awesome job! Car looks great. I'm compelled to paint my grill like the GTS also. It looks way better than the Swinger style.

69 Swinger1.JPG

Great job Steve, love the color BTW. That puppy brings back fond memories, the first car I every modified was a friends Swinger just like yours that we stuffed a 440 into.

Terry

MtNemoMopar said:
Awesome job! Car looks great. I'm compelled to paint my grill like the GTS also. It looks way better than the Swinger style.
Thanks Guy , That's what I thought too... You have a nice swinger too...

demon seed said:
Great job Steve, love the color BTW. That puppy brings back fond memories, the first car I every modified was a friends Swinger just like yours that we stuffed a 440 into.

Terry
Thanks Terry, A buddy of mine had a GTS 440 once it was a fun car to drive...

beautiful car i like the video but could not get sound - thats cool you complimented your wife very nice

Great job on the video, car looks freakin' awesome to say the least, I must say though the first set of rims are super hot and look awesome, gotta get me a set of those for my 70 swinger project what kind are they, they look like a brushed aluminum finish are they? Once again awesome job and you remembered the wife too, we owe it to them once in a while to tolerate our habits!! :thumbup:

70dart said:
Great job on the video, car looks freakin' awesome to say the least, I must say though the first set of rims are super hot and look awesome, gotta get me a set of those for my 70 swinger project what kind are they, they look like a brushed aluminum finish are they? Once again awesome job and you remembered the wife too, we owe it to them once in a while to tolerate our habits!! :thumbup:
Thanks 70dart.... the wheels were 15" small bolt ( brushed aluminum ) trick wheels which where on it when I found it. ( in a barn ) in Pa. They did look good on the car but I just liked the 14" SS Cragar look better.... guess I'm just old school !! Good Luck with your Swinger, is it a 340 car? I had a 70 340 swinger 4sp ...a lot of good memories in that car !!!

PS... My wife has been there through it all .... wouldn't have what I do today without her !!

It is a 340 car, not sure if it was a four speed originally or auto switched to a four. The four speed hump doesn't look original, but it is going anyway as I am building it as a console shift 727 automatic(hopefully with overdrive) with a 340 stroker (disassembled 340 with X heads is in my garage now) wife loaned me the cash for that as I needed quick funds before it disappeared. So I hear you there! It will be a long time before it is finished. I do have a good set of small bolt rallyes with centres and trim rings but I think they are going to be swapped for a set of those brushed aluminum rims, they rock!

-
Back