Our 73 dart

-

Mopar**family

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to restore an old car with my 11 year old daughter. Being a mopar man I found a fairly reasonable 73 Dodge Dart. This will be our running thread of our trails and tribulations of our project that maybe some day she can look back on and enjoy. We trailered her home and parked in the garage. We decided to start with finding out just what we got Into. Rear driver side had a quarter panel that would pop in and out and was primer. We decided to get out the 80 grit and rip into it and see how bad it actually was.Will get some better pictures of out come. There is a massive crease that runs pretty much the length of the quarter. We are still deciding our next course of action. More to come soon

4934113A-4E6C-44EA-833F-1C4A4B930A30.jpeg

5628EE8E-7E09-476F-A0BD-673C30C6799E.jpeg

C89050B3-C405-4D7B-A83A-55E05F03BFDA.jpeg

Welcome to FABO, looks like a great project, love that you and your daughter are planning to work together. Keep us updated on your progress, and don't be afraid to ask questions, someone here has more than likely dealt with almost any issue you may encounter.

Welcome about! Glad to have you. Looks like a nice project lots of memories gonna be made with that.!

So after my daughter got most of the bondo out of the driver side rear qtr panel we Discovered this beauty. Not sure what was done here looks like someone tried to fill a fold with weld? Or maybe they replaced the quarter and then it was hit again not sure. I’m not sure what our next route will be. Don’t want to fill it with bondo. Tried banging out from back side but with them at weld there doesn’t do much. Also a little lower down the metal seems warped if pushed on it pops in and out.
61A93584-CC80-4D91-AA2C-98AC69EA15B4.jpeg

-
Back