Our shop truck finally left the shop.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Its been a long road. This started life as a 500 dollar truck. Two years later it's no longer taking up space in the shop.

Stupid summit temp gauge was reading 290 degrees but I can touch the radiator and dont smell any coolant?

Stone cold she reads 130 degrees?

I've rewired the gauge twice. Frickin China junk.

20190516_220148_zpsfrnon2gj.jpg

20190516_220128_zps2vitszni.jpg

20190516_220227_zpsyns1hm8y.jpg

I know terrible parking but I was afraid she was hot and just wanted to shut down ASAP.

Thanks man. We threw most of the truck in the scrap bin. We built the entire thing from the ground up.

We build all the suspension, the bed, the fenders, the inside of the cab, everything except the cab is new.

12,000 lb winch on the front, rear 8,000 lb rear winch for dragging cars on the trailer. Over load air bags for towing. Class 5 hitch built into the bumper. 4.10 gears, track lock locking front end, full touch screen bluetooth stereo, custom seats and center console.

There is not a single nut or bolt I haven't touched.

20190512_095516_zpsqfyu0pli.jpg

We had humvee wheels recentered and run surplus 100 dollar 37"tires.
20190512_095859_zpspgidvtmk.jpg

Still need to find a new dash face as ours was beyond repair to start with.

20190512_095741_zpst1q72bta.jpg

Pops wanted a sterio that was hands free and sounded "good" well I went a little over board but dam, it sounds good.

Kenwood, 6x9 in the doors with crossovers and some tweeters. 500 watt amp with 10" kicker sub in a home made sealed box.

20190506_153908_zpsn3qk2b0v.jpg

20190512_095801_zpsaq8rcokh.jpg

Now I just have to convince pops we should sell it....he realy wants to drive it daily.

Wasn't he the one who picked the color out while everybody was gone? Just let him drive the thing. lol

Yes sir. He was and in truth, It was his truck to start with before it turned into this.

Now if it was me, I'd just sell it and move on.

I did tell him, "drive it, just put a for sale sign in the windo. No price. Just a phone number."

The folks who call are the people we lookin for.

And in all honesty, he should drive it. He needs something fun to drive.

Me, I'd sell it or take it out and beat it till it breaks.

If you're anything like me, having a dad with a rescue rig is a good think
I'd let him keep it out of self preservation, because I know as soon as he sells, I'm gonna need him to drag me out of a cornfield

Thanks guys. This was one of those projects that just spins out of control...

We started out "just building a decent shop truck".... two years and thousands of man hours and here we are. If you dont count the man hours we probably 5 grand into it?

Pops came home with a whole new outfit and is out right now with a lady friend in the truck. I think it's the first time I've ever seen him buy clothes.....

:rofl:

Lookin good, fealin good!

:lol::thankyou:

EDIT- Tomarrow me and pops will be attending our first ever mopar show together. (He comes with me to the big show but this will be his first time entering a vehicle!)

I'm driveing my dart race car and he's driving the truck! Should be fun. Hopefully we can park next to each other!

I will take some pics.

Last edited:
Its been a long road. This started life as a 500 dollar truck. Two years later it's no longer taking up space in the shop.

Stupid summit temp gauge was reading 290 degrees but I can touch the radiator and dont smell any coolant?

Stone cold she reads 130 degrees?

I've rewired the gauge twice. Frickin China junk.

View attachment 1715336220

View attachment 1715336218
View attachment 1715336221

I know terrible parking but I was afraid she was hot and just wanted to shut down ASAP.

Was it an Equis gauge ? They aint worth ---- !

Looks awesome!
Picking away at my shop truck,49 Fargo. Not rodding it,clear the sheet metal and running the flathead. 12 volts and a nice interior.

really like your work..

-
Back