Out For Some Health Maintenance

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
About a month ago I had my annual checkup by my cardiologist. He decided to give me the full meal deal, echo, ekg, stress test etc. Results came back showing no abnormalities. So, about two weeks after the test I was in my yard doing some cleanup when I started getting chest pains. I come in the house and I chew up some aspirin. Wife takes me to the ER where they give me nitro. They ended up giving me a nitro patch. Talked to the on call cardiologist and given my history she felt they needed to go inside and see what’s gaining on.

I have two stents, 2011 and 2012. At the time I had four arteries with problems, two severe which they scented and two that were marginal. They treated those with medication. The stent I got in 2012 is what they call caged stent which is in a junction of two arteries.

After visiting the cardiologist last Monday it’s about 50/50 on bypass. I’m scheduled for an angiogram on Tuesday. Hopefully it just needs stents. If not I’ll be out of the loop for awhile.

About a month ago I had my annual checkup by my cardiologist. He decided to give me the full meal deal, echo, ekg, stress test etc. Results came back showing no abnormalities. So, about two weeks after the test I was in my yard doing some cleanup when I started getting chest pains. I come in the house and I chew up some aspirin. Wife takes me to the ER where they give me nitro. They ended up giving me a nitro patch. Talked to the on call cardiologist and given my history she felt they needed to go inside and see what’s gaining on.

I have two stents, 2011 and 2012. At the time I had four arteries with problems, two severe which they scented and two that were marginal. They treated those with medication. The stent I got in 2012 is what they call caged stent which is in a junction of two arteries.

After visiting the cardiologist last Monday it’s about 50/50 on bypass. I’m scheduled for an angiogram on Tuesday. Hopefully it just needs stents. If not I’ll be out of the loop for awhile.
Hope things go well and you get better soon. Best wishes...

Do what the Doc tells you.

Good Luck, my prayers are with you!

Damn. Hopefully all goes well...and anything invasive can be avoided. Take good care of yourself.....

Came out ok, turns out I had another blockage in the left anterior descending artery(widow maker).

It was rather long so the doc inserted an extra long stent. He also checked the other stents which were ok.

A little sore but considering the alternative I can live with the discomfort. Thanks all for the nice comments.

Glad to hear you are OK, but for the procedure soreness! Small price to pay for a fix in a tricky spot!

-
Back