Out with the old, in with the new......

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Dumped the trusty 2005 quad cab diesel today. Brought home a low mile 2019 mega cab diesel. It was time. My transmission was getting pretty soft and I had a few holes rusted thru the frame in a few places....

18430.jpeg

20230128_160449.jpg

20230128_160457.jpg

That's a nice truck! Do the newer Mega cab trucks have a full short bed on them? Seems like the older ones like your 05 and my 04 had shorter beds when you had a Mega cab. Looks like you'd have to be even more careful cranking a 5th wheel around with a shorter bed. Congrats on the new ride!

:thumbsup:

I hope they’re using better steel and coatings on this generation. The late 90’s early 2000’s like yours were terrible for frame and body rust. I’ve got a 2020 and love it but I’m afraid it will break my heart and die prematurely of carbon cancer.

Last edited:
Very nice!! I love my 2019 I got last March, rides and pulls a trailer so nice! I am also worried about rust in the future living up in Minnesota, just need to wash it good, I also got it undercoated and installed rear wheel well liners too. I have the larger cab but not thr mega cab and it has so much room….the mega cab is huge!

11CEE764-EC91-48D9-820C-45504C28ACF7.jpeg

Very nice!! I love my 2019 I got last March, rides and pulls a trailer so nice! I am also worried about rust in the future living up in Minnesota, just need to wash it good, I also got it undercoated and installed rear wheel well liners too. I have the larger cab but not thr mega cab and it has so much room….the mega cab is huge!

View attachment 1716041094
I think I'll look into the fender liners if they'll keep the crap out. I am going to WoolWax or Fluid Film all my DD vehicles this spring.

I bought the rear wheel well liners for my 2004 Ram before I left the dealership. They do work, as my truck has zero rust. I have pulled the taillights out a few times to peep in there to see. Granted, my truck has lived a pretty pampered life and hasn't had to be in the snow like a lot of y'alls has.

Yes, towed with the old one from day 1. Can't wait to put the 35ft 5th wheel behind it this coming season. I'll be at the factory paload rating with my pin weight, as designed and planned.

-
Back