P185/75R14 Gone the Way of the Dinosaurs?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
About six months ago I purchased a pair of P185/75R14 tires and now I need another pair to match. However, the local tire shops here (Mexico) tell me that size in just not available. How is it in the USA, same story? Thank you.

IMG_0522.jpg

We can get them here in Canada. I think my buddy got his from 1010tires but they were not cheap, I told him I would get the 195 70r 14's as they were cheaper. They were hankook if my memory serves me correct.

Yea that is probably very close to what he paid for his. They were on a 65 Valiant wagon that originally had 13's on it. I think the 195 70r14's were about 70 us each.

I just purchased a pair of Hankook at the 185/14 size online for $77.00 USD with free delivery (need to pay mounting/balancing). It's funny how some local stores can't accommodate me.

I just purchased a pair of Hankook at the 185/14 size online for $77.00 USD with free delivery (need to pay mounting/balancing). It's funny how some local stores can't accommodate me.
I hope its just a tire problem ??!! :rofl:

A ton available from Walmart.
And other us retailers.

Check:

Tire Rack
Discount tires.
Walmart
Google

I went to a few of those sites out of curiosity. Sometimes the 185 size disappears when you really try to purchase, while other sizes pop up as subs.

You ARE in another country, too.

I have a small utility trailer that uses these. This size is hard to find. I shopped online to find them at the local tire company but they would have to order them. Better price too, $60? ea.

I have a small utility trailer that uses these. This size is hard to find. I shopped online to find them at the local tire company but they would have to order them. Better price too, $60? ea.
Then jump to 195 70 14. Same diameter just a tic wider.

Tire in post #1:
Cooper Monogram AW
wear 280 traction A heat B
"Made in USA" DOT U9J7 CTC527 003R
"U9" = Cooper factory in Tupelo, Mississippi

-
Back