Package tray request

-

Jhenry70

Reaction score
Hello FABO,
Just curious if anyone has a good package tray cover laying around that they might be willing to trace out on some butcher paper or something similar and send it to me? It's a 72 Duster and had no interior from the headliner and down when I got it. I'll be fabricating new panels for the package tray area and forward over the wheel tubs and around the roll cage.

If not, it's cool... just thought it would help with making templates if I had the stock dimensions from that tray area. the rest is gonna be tough enough, this would really help out.
I'm in No. California can PM you with my address.

Please, and thank you!!

I just measured mine and covered mine with a piece of aluminum, came out pretty good. had to cut out the openings for my roll cage too just Mines a 67 dart

I just measured mine and covered mine with a piece of aluminum, came out pretty good. had to cut out the openings for my roll cage too just Mines a 67 dart

I did that for the initial covering of the package tray for my metal firewall between the interior and the trunk. When I go to finish up the interior I want to try and give it somewhat of a stock interior look. Figured it would be nice to have a template. As you can see by the pic I got a lot of work still ahead of me, this would be one less thing to worry about. :)

duster.jpg

I need to recover mine soon, whats your timeline?
I just bought a center console from a FABO member, he thinks he has a package tray he could trace for me and send it along with the console when it ships. I'll let you know if he's able to do it for me. I really appreciate the offer!
Jerry

I see what you mean, was thinking of using my stock one as well just didn't want to hack it up lol

20161011_164442.jpg

This summer I made a new tray for my '73 duster. Added some speakers and didn't want to hack up the original myself, so I traced it and made a new one. I still have the original sitting in my basement I could trace if you still need it. I just gotta find some paper large enough. (or tape a lot of printer paper :p )

Hey JHenry,
Just wandering, what's wrong with what you have right now?
Tazz
It's all bare sheet metal, I have no interior pieces for the car at all right now. I'm planning on doing a custom interior over the sheet metal firewall in the back and over the tubs since I can't put in a back seat. Just want to give it a nice finished look as well as help out with noise and heat. I might be overthinking it, but thought having a template from a stock package tray cover would be just one more thing to cross off my list and make it a little easier to get started on the interior pieces I have to make.

This summer I made a new tray for my '73 duster. Added some speakers and didn't want to hack up the original myself, so I traced it and made a new one. I still have the original sitting in my basement I could trace if you still need it. I just gotta find some paper large enough. (or tape a lot of printer paper :p )

That would be awesome... But as I've said above, I'm in no hurry so don't go out of your way if it's a burden. Thank you!

-
Back