Pain Medication

-
As a recovered pain pill and ****** addict I can say "THAT SUCKS".
I feel for you Dan the man !

It was, let's just say I had plenty of pocket money. Sad thing was the fellow I worked with died a year later from lung cancer, I knew him since the early 70's, His son tried to take over, I helped him as much as I could, but he just couldn't do it. He couldn't find anyone dependable that wanted to work.
I don't get it, seems like nobody wants to work, fast food joints here are starting pay is 15 bucks a hour

Sounds like a good job and good money
Ya know it's hard to call what I did a job I always loved to work with wood and still do, also met some interesting folks, did cabinets for a big wig and his wife from Coca Cola, he was a prick, she was awesome, did some for some more from the Campbell soup co. and then there was the fella who claimed to be the co-inventor of Nylon, this guy had a loaded gun in every room and was a great guy, one day he just kept following me around looking over my back, finally I took off my tool belt and held it out to him and said here you go you've bugged me enough you finish, he just laughed shaked my hand and said I knew I liked you, the guy would do anything for you. He claimed to have friends in the Mafia to. One day he invited me and my partner to stay for some drinks and meet some people and we met some way-out folks, these people were all rich and nuts, he interduced me to two guys who were Italian that were connected! one of them took a liking to me and we talked a lot, the one thing he told me was if I ever needed anything, I mean anything just to let him know. Now I don't really know if these guys were Mafia but if they weren't I'm not a cabinet builder! Good Times.

Things are really getting stupid, there is no God Damn reason why people should have to be without their meds, what the hell is wrong with this country. Besides the obvious.

The reasons certain meds are in short supply are often linked to the fact that many medicines are made overseas and repercussions of Covid are still being felt everywhere throughout the world
Things are really getting stupid, there is no God Damn reason why people should have to be without their meds, what the hell is wrong with this country. Besides the obvious.
My wife gets a Cat scan with contrast every three to four months for a cancer related growth. Some months back we were informed the contrast she has to drink was in short supply and her scan would be pushed back as the hospital was saving what little contrast they had for emergencies
Now I was annoyed and grew more annoyed when I discovered the contrast is not produced in America, its only made by two company's one of which is ? You guessed it, China
These types of practices have been going on many years now, nothing new here

I don't get it, seems like nobody wants to work, fast food joints here are starting pay is 15 bucks a hour
Did you hurt your back as a result of job related? Is your back issues a result of what you've done at your job?

Almost is right. It depends on a lot of things, one is the person. I was on large doses of fentanyl, Oxycodone and tramadol for years and then switched to Morphine and stronger Oxycodone and various other minor meds for years. Them meds took care of my pain and vary seldom did I feel high, yes, my body was addicted to them, but I went through withdrawal to kick them before I got my pain stimulator put in my back and let me tell you withdrawal symptoms are no F'n fun. I truly believe that most people who get addicted and can't stop were abusing them for the high and that's what they are addicted to the high. They also complain about it, blame their doctors and usually try to sue someone. Withdrawal is hard but it can be done.

Last edited:
Did you hurt your back as a result of job related? Is your back issues a result of what you've done at your job?
It's partially job related, but I couldn't prove it, I couldn't get any doctor's to help me out. About the time it happened they closed the plant and moved it to urban ohio.

It's partially job related, but I couldn't prove it, I couldn't get any doctor's to help me out. About the time it happened they closed the plant and moved it to urban ohio.
I believe you may be misinformed. Maybe find a competent workers compensation attorney and go for a consultation
BTW your telling us that you receiving Social Security Disability because of your injuries

I believe you may be misinformed. Maybe find a competent workers compensation attorney and go for a consultation
BTW your telling us that you receiving Social Security Disability because of your injuries
It's been over 2 years ago.

I have disc degeneration diesease, spinal stenosis, bulging disc, arthritis in my spine and my hip. I was told that I could lose my ability to turn my neck to the left. I talked to doctors and was told that my problems could be work related

I have disc degeneration diesease, spinal stenosis, bulging disc, arthritis in my spine and my hip. I was told that I could lose my ability to turn my neck to the left. I talked to doctors and was told that my problems could be work related
And?

Being on concrete floor and pushing 1800 pound rolls to the machine that I ran took a toll on my back. I hope that what you do for a living isn't taking a toll on you.
It has taken a toll for sure as a life time of physical labor will often do but thats has nothing to do with this. , You left work because of injuries so severe you qualified for SS disability benefits. You didn't file workers comp claim.... Thats what im getting at.
Im not knocking you, just that its to bad you didn't consult someone.
Consider that my wife was diagnosed Stage 4 incurable cancer, was forced to stop working at 58 yrs old. Under the advise of a attorney, she filed for SSD and was qualified the first time she applied....if she was denied than the attorney would have taken her case

I pushed myself as long as I could, I built custom cabinets and furniture, too much bending, lifting and crawling inside the cabinets, even with all the meds I was on I just had to say no more. I still do small projects every now and then for some pocket money.
I knew I liked you for a reason. You're a Real Carpenter!

It has taken a toll for sure as a life time of physical labor will often do but thats has nothing to do with this. , You left work because of injuries so severe you qualified for SS disability benefits. You didn't file workers comp claim.... Thats what im getting at.
Im not knocking you, just that its to bad you didn't consult someone.
Consider that my wife was diagnosed Stage 4 incurable cancer, was forced to stop working at 58 yrs old. Under the advise of a attorney, she filed for SSD and was qualified the first time she applied....if she was denied than the attorney would have taken her case
I understand what you're saying about the workers comp case. I think that I was miss lead and miss informed on a lot concerning a workman comp case. I don't know if that would have affected my severance pay or not, I got 27 weeks pay plus 8 weeks pay along with 3 months paid medical. But I do wish that I would have investigated it further than I did.

The reasons certain meds are in short supply are often linked to the fact that many medicines are made overseas and repercussions of Covid are still being felt everywhere throughout the world

My wife gets a Cat scan with contrast every three to four months for a cancer related growth. Some months back we were informed the contrast she has to drink was in short supply and her scan would be pushed back as the hospital was saving what little contrast they had for emergencies
Now I was annoyed and grew more annoyed when I discovered the contrast is not produced in America, its only made by two company's one of which is ? You guessed it, China
These types of practices have been going on many years now, nothing new here
I remember you telling us about the contrast before Steve, that's bullshit isn't it? That, and you can't even get fn antibiotics here, when you're half dead, from a viral respiratory disease the csrs will deny it and then send you home to fn die

Last edited:
I remember you telling us about the contrast before Steve that's bullshit isn't it that's you can't even get ******* antibiotics here when you're half dead
When I found my pain medication at a different pharmacy, the pharmacist asked me why I was changing pharmacy's and I said that the one that I've been using is out of the medication and can't get it until January sometime and he said what, the look on his face showed that he couldn't believe that. But I got it and cheaper for me. One thing I don't understand is why at one place the medication is $90 and costs me $14 ,and the new place it's a $104 and cost me $3.22. Same medication same strength and quantity.

When I found my pain medication at a different pharmacy, the pharmacist asked me why I was changing pharmacy's and I said that the one that I've been using is out of the medication and can't get it until January sometime and he said what, the look on his face showed that he couldn't believe that. But I got it and cheaper for me. One thing I don't understand is why at one place the medication is $90 and costs me $14 ,and the new place it's a $104 and cost me $3.22. Same medication same strength and quantity.
Bro, that's crazy. Different manufacturers some of it's made overseas some of its generic there's several factors

-
Back