Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 28 18.9%

Votes: 3 2.0%

Votes: 79 53.4%

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
-

69wacuda

Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time!
Reaction score
Vote for a stripe scheme. Cars color is going to be petty blue. I originally thought about doing black stripes but i think red would make it pop more....thanks for your input..!

Grant

img004.jpg

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img009.jpg

img010.jpg

img012.jpg

img014.jpg

img015.jpg

#1 just the side stripes no center stripe (kinda has that Indian war paint look) or #7 I can't decide which one I like better. You could get some cheap masking tape and mock up the stripes on your car. In the end it's your car so do what you like best and enjoy it!

i originally liked #1, but it's just so hard to decide....(very permanent)

#8 Looks like a Camaro.

I like #3. It is a little Mustang-ish, but I like it anyway.

I'm thinking a stripe running over the hood, roof, and tail, but a narrower stripe, offset to the driver's side. Center about 6" wide, with a 1/4 stripe on each side. Sort of like this, but just a single stripe.

69-Barracuda-Hood-&-Header-.jpg

I like #7 the best. for some reason the rest just don't look right.

I think you should do a combination of 5 and 6 having the nose piece and the dual stripes but the dual stripes across the hood and flowing down the sides. Somethings says lift the stripes up some and either make some diagonal breaks near the rear or come up in the center and across the trunk lid.
As for the color the black is classic but if you go with a red it may be too much contrast between the blue. Experiment with a darker blue on the front tapering off to a lighter blue toward the back sorta blending into the Petty Blue if not going across the trunk. Just keep lightning the blue as you progress toward the back and check the effect out. You can then ether pin stripe the top and bottom or blend it into the petty blue and then clear coat.
Let me know if you decide to look into this and send my a copy. Your drawings are good by the way.
One mans opinion!:-D

#1 - Reminds me of the new R/T stripes on the challanger and looks kinda like the 'special edition' vette , blue with the white fender stripes. Anyway blue with red stripes will look great.

whatever you use, go with the red stripes. A friend in high school bought a new 73 roadrunner in Petty blue and red stripes. Looked fantastic. Very different. I just put red stripes on my black duster. Really like them.

Of those I like #7....most of the others dont really work with the body IMHO. to me the Barracuda has very curvy lines I would work with those....If youy want I could mock them up in 3d.....or even easier there is a game forza motorsports on the Xbox 360 that has a 68 barracuda that you could do custom paint on..

Thats pretty cool, im going to have to buy that game now.

I voted for number 7 as well.... I think theres to much going on in some of the other ones... 7 is the coolest

-
Back