paint marks

-

Lonnie Leach

Duster/ Valiant
Reaction score
Any one know what paint marks are on a 73 340 duster 4 speed car.. I am restoring it to be 100% Factory ..But can find all kinds of Paint mark books for B/E Bodys none for A bodys Any info .I would be greatful

Looks like the Valiant and Duster may have shared the same chip chart. Here’s a photo I found that shows the colors for 72’. The below link is to the Automotive touch-up library with a chip chart to Plymouth colors for 72’. Hopefully you find the information you need. Another resource is the TCP Global paint library. Good luck.

1972 Plymouth All Models Colors of Touch Up Paint
Edited: i realized that your car is a 73’ and not a 72’. I went back to the automotive touch-up library and it looks like they use the same chip chart as 72’. Sorry for the error. I still think that the Valiant and Duster shared the information.

4CCC2203-B710-4C8E-B24E-1434A9641FED.jpeg

Last edited:
No two cars are ever exactly the same so when
restoring it to be 100% Factory
just put back the marks you noticed, documented and found on your car.

Your car was there when it was built, books and guides were not.

So your car is the best source of information for what you are doing.

Any one know what paint marks are on a 73 340 duster 4 speed car.. I am restoring it to be 100% Factory ..But can find all kinds of Paint mark books for B/E Bodys none for A bodys Any info .I would be greatful
Im thinking Lonnie is referring to the assembly line paint marks found on areas like the rear axle etc.
?

-
Back