Paint shop Jail...Looking forward to release date.

-
Oh it's done alright. I'm so excited I just put her to bed. I couldn't decide what to do first. I think I'll pull the K frame tomorrow and do some repairs/reinforcing of it.

Did ya sleep in it? I think would have. Glad its released.
Andy

I was thinking the same thing. Don't think I'd let it out of my sight for a day or so. Maybe not sleep in it, a comfy chair nearby would do....

They say good things come to those who wait, but damn is all I can say.

Congrats! Looks beautiful.

Only problem for most of us is what will WE do with our time now? This thread was like an old friend. Sorry to see it end.

I'm ready for this thread to end so I can start the build thread. Look for installments of project "Hard Time" coming soon to a computer near you.

I look forward to watching your build. You my friend are long suffering and I'm glad that has finally come to an end.

-AlV

Congrats, and I'm looking forward to your future posts on your project and your able to put that miserable experience behind you look ahead at whats going to be a great ride.

CONGRADULATIONS, It's good to see things are starting to go your way. Good luck with the build.

Buy yourself a half dozen rolls of the blue 3M 1 1/2" long lasting painter's tape, and a box or bag of me of those thick, soft cloths people use to wipe down just about anything wet etc. When you are going to be taking off or putting on panels, adding a heavy component, or even putting in a grill, installing a bumper or a new piece of trim; tape off and protect the surrounding areas with the tapped on wiping cloths. the thicker the better. They are kind of like a Shamwow in a bilk box! . It will at least give you a fighting chance of not scratching your car while building it. All it takes is one split second to slip, and bang, you could end up with a big old nasty scratch or chip.

Be religious about it. Two or three layers of the blue tape carefully placed around all edges that surrounding your work area are pretty good protections for minor slips and taping those thick soft rags can even save you from getting a small dent with your scratch.

It saved my bacon during the assembly more than once.

I use the same technique when ever I am going to do any work around my paint.

PS: Pull the tape off at a sharp angle that bends back towards itself., SLOWLY! it's much less likely to pull off any paint when being removed. Pull it off slowly, and carefully. Don't leave it in the sun either. if you are going to have it on for more than 3 or 4 days, change the tape, or at least check to see that it pulls off easily and does not start to tear up into smaller pieces.

Always wipe the surface of the car down before you put a soft clean cathroom towel over a fender and then use a fender cover on top or that. Never be lazy and just take a chance to skip protecting your paint, :just this one time". It will come back and bite you!

Get some touch up paint from the guy.If you do get a chip, clean the chip hole, prime it(let dry a few days, then fill the color coat to 90% the hole (let dry) then top coat with clear. It should stick up like a small, bubble looking bulge. Let dry two weeks. Then carefully block sand it flat with fine sand paper like 400, then 600, then 1200 ( the make dime sized tools and sandpaper pads for this on w wooden dowel ), then polish and seal. If the color is a good match, you will never see it. Well, you will know it there, but 99% or more of te rest of te world won't

Enjoy!!! and congrats for teaching your sons and nephews how to act like a responsible man.

That looks AWESOME!!!!! I didn't think the color was gonna look THAT good but it DOES! The black deck stripe looks GREAT too!

attachment.php

-
Back