Paint shop Jail...Looking forward to release date.

-
is that curious yellow? and have them just do a blend, you dont want the rust coming out from under it...
The Duster in my Avitar is Curious Yellow/ Citron Yella.. I kind wish I had done Sublime.. But if I did then I would be saying I wish I had done yellow I like all the high impact colors...Bill

Looks real Nice, It must feel a little better knowing that they finally show some progress..Being patient is real hard to do when you just want it done...Bill

Looks real Nice, It must feel a little better knowing that they finally show some progress..Being patient is real hard to do when you just want it done...Bill

Thanks Bill. It has just turned into this BIG waiting game. I'm supposed to meet with him on Tuesday to go over all of the final paint details. By the way I love the yellow!

Well here is the lastest pic. I started to type my frustrations with this guy, but you've heard it all before. 17 months and counting.

Getting closer to being finished. Has hood painted, working on tail stripe. Still needs sanding and cleared then buffed. Hopefully not much longer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 665
Well the Dart got to the above picture then progress seems to have stopped. 18 1/2 months. I've been working on the steering column lately. Got valve covers and carb for the 408. Went with a Holley 870 with electric choke and vacuum secondaries. Still have to figure out the vents on the fabricated valve covers.

If I was writing to Dear Abby I'd sign it "Waiting in Oklahoma". Lol

looks nice, my "buddy" has had my car since late July and it's only painted under the hood, i'm ready to KILL HIM :mumum:

We do total restos all the time.mostly chevelles base price ten grand frame off.customer buys all parts.you get complete dissassembly blasting paint and bodywork.....

Never takes that long...as long as the customer has the funds.....

I don't think so I am in the same boat and mine is all payed for.For me I am going to get my car the end of the month finished or not. He will be receiving court papers. I totally had it with bodymen. Mark
Never takes that long...as long as the customer has the funds.....

so when you get to 24 months does the guy start giving you a discount on the bill? holey crap, tell the guy to get off his butt and get it done. looks good so far.

Well got a call from my painter yesterday. Two months after finishing tail stripe. Says car should be finished this week. (It was hard to control my laughter). So we'll see.

Good luck with it. I on the other hand had enough.I am going to get mine finished or not at the end of the month.Papers are already started to take him to court. Good luck. Mark

Dropped my car off August 2012 was told it would be done by Chrismas 2012... then April 2013, then August 2013, then Definatley December 2013 without a doubt, heres a few pics I took Sunday(Jan 20, 2014).
attachment.php

attachment.php

I didn't even ask this time ......

You guys must be saints and have a ton of patients...I would be opening a big can of whoop *** on them...My guy took 2 months and he didnt have a dime until he was done by his choice...And it was a positive experience and turned out better then expected...I told him it was going to be a driver and dont go crazy but his love for Mopars and his reputation took over and now it is show quality work...But he is a rare breed...A true native american (indian)and as honest as they come...Bill

This kinda thread makes me happy that I am a former Bodyman/Painter and can do my own restoration work on my own schedule. I would be going nuts in your shoes!

-
Back