Paint shop Jail...Looking forward to release date.

-
It's funny that 68 arrived 4 months after mine and was finished in about 2 months.

Get a trailer ready and go wait outside his shop until he gets there. If he doesn't show up go to a pay phone and call the fire department and tell them there is a fire at his location, you see smoke coming out the roof.
I am sure they will get ahold of him and he will be there in a flash. Wait til FD leaves and get your car.

Get a trailer ready and go wait outside his shop until he gets there. If he doesn't show up go to a pay phone and call the fire department and tell them there is a fire at his location, you see smoke coming out the roof.
I am sure they will get ahold of him and he will be there in a flash. Wait til FD leaves and get your car.

You can go to jail and a pretty decent fine for making false reports.

You can go to jail and a pretty decent fine for making false reports.

No ****? Your kidding me? Lol

You can't play fair with an unfair muthaaaafckaaa….. Guaranteed to loose every time if you do.

That is why you go to the pay phone…….

Get an Exorcist and go and shake the devil out of him..He has got to be full of evil doing what he is doing...So as he is laying on the floor shaking all over load your car and get the hell out of there before you get infested with his evil...LOL ..You must be a saint I would be kicking the SH-T out of him by this time...Seriously...The guy must be a first class fu--ing looser...And you should turn him in to the BBB, Irs, state Tax dept...Bill

Once I get my car out I think I'll call the IRS. I'm pretty sure the checks I've been writing to "New Foundation Ministries" is not a ligitimate charity for a body shop.

LOL,
I am sure all the money you paid this guy will be considerated a "donation" and he fixed the car up for you on "good faith"
This should have been the first red flag that the guy was crooked.
I would seek a lawyer now.

I have been following this thread for a while now and think back as to "what if". When I started my demon project I needed quarters and door skins. I bought one AMD quarter-panel and two used doors then loaded up everything and trailored my stuff to 3 different body-shops. Couldn't get any type of pricing from any of them. They all said to drop it off and they would work on it during slow times to save me money. Too many stories about cars in jail for me. Parked the car in the yard under a tree, bought a 120v mig welder. With saws-all in hand, 2 hours later the quarter was on the ground. Lots of vice-grips and sheet metal screws and 2 days later the panel was lined up and ready to weld. It's been a while since that day and I have the 2nd panel on now. All I can say is that I wish you luck with your car as I have heard this story from a few members on this board. It also happened to a friend of mine with his GTX. His $5.000.00 body job cost him almost 20 K. Who knows when the madness will end.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 416
It's funny that 68 arrived 4 months after mine and was finished in about 2 months.

FJ5 I really feel for ya, but I'm looking forward to seeing that 70 back in your hands getting the attention she deserves! It will be worth the wait... Right?

FJ5 I really feel for ya, but I'm looking forward to seeing that 70 back in your hands getting the attention she deserves! It will be worth the wait... Right?

Yes for sure. I've been restoring the steering column this past weekend. Got it all disassembled, bead blasted and most of it painted. Still have to order the ignition switch. Figured I might as well replace it while I've got it all torn apart.

A crew of 10 guys can frame tbe exterior of a 20 story high rise in 4 Mos. A crew of 20 or so can build a bridge in 6 mos. These body & paint guys are a joke at best. I just don't get it. The American worker... They make us look real bad.

Well it's been a few weeks so I thought I would bring you up to date on project "Jailbird" I thought the name would be fitting. She has be cleared and the sanding of the clear has started. Still getting excuses of course. "I hurt my shoulder blah blah blah". Once again I was told will probably get it done this week. (Note to self, don't hold your breath). Steering column is complete. Will pick up new head gasket today to fix the screw up I didn't screw up. The saga continues.

After reading this I'm a bit hesitant to get body work done on my car at all now, ever. Good luck man, you've got the patience of Job.

Just remember after paint shop jail comes finishing school , its been my experience that paint and body work is 1/3 of the the total restoration cost . FYI I spent 40 k to get out of body shop jail on my cuda conv , that did include extensive metal work and full base clear paint . Your car really does look nice though and im sure your getting a fair deal

We had an agreement 16 months ago that he was paid in full. He told me on Monday that if he wanted to he could put a lien on the car because he feels like he should get another $6000.00. I told him " I don't think you want to do that".

We had an agreement 16 months ago that he was paid in full. He told me on Monday that if he wanted to he could put a lien on the car because he feels like he should get another $6000.00. I told him " I don't think you want to do that".

Really? Why does he think that? I don't know how the terms of body work goes, but in the mechanic world you get a Repair order with a price, and they call you if the price changes and you authorize the extra work.

Was there no signed agreement in the beginning?

-
Back