Paintless dent removal

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2 years ago my Taurus was parked in my work parking lot.

I came out to go home and found this..

IMG_20200213_173647.jpg
IMG_20200213_173703.jpg
IMG_20200213_173713.jpg

I finally got it to my favorite super talented paintless dent remover.

What dent!
(Same car I swear!)

PXL_20220812_004748907.jpg
PXL_20220812_004746603.jpg
PXL_20220812_004740254.jpg
PXL_20220812_004737955.jpg

If you are in the Northern Colorado area PM me for his contact info.

We have a guy that comes to our shop on Fridays that does dent removal. It is amazing how he can get the dents out and you can't tell at all (most of the time). I'm only good at putting the dents it!

I have had it done on a small dent. It was amazing to watch.

There are some truly talented people out there...

View attachment 1715969137

View attachment 1715969138

Wow !

That Taurus was cool too.

But the older cars have much thicker metal. And they did it across 3 body lines, two of them really crisp ones.

I've heard rumors that Paintless Dent guys won't work on older cars. @1969redart, did you guy give some qualifiers to the job, like it may not be 100% perfect, we'll see what happens, etc, etc?

Wow !

That Taurus was cool too.

But the older cars have much thicker metal. And they did it across 3 body lines, two of them really crisp ones.

I've heard rumors that Paintless Dent guys won't work on older cars. @1969redart, did you guy give some qualifiers to the job, like it may not be 100% perfect, we'll see what happens, etc, etc?

He told me the metal was much thicker than the newer cars and it wouldn’t be perfect. I think the key was that he knew where to initially push it out. If you really look at it up close, you can see the imperfections. But it is way better than it was.

He told me the metal was much thicker than the newer cars and it wouldn’t be perfect. I think the key was that he knew where to initially push it out. If you really look at it up close, you can see the imperfections. But it is way better than it was.

He must of felt he could trust you as a customer.

About how much did that cost? Seems like it would take a lot of time.

This was a few years ago - 2014. He charged $150. I already had the door panel etc. removed. Took him 1/2 hour. The guy was awesome …

20190107_120307.jpg
20190107_160559.jpg
I don't take many pictures of my work and I use to be good at it but getting old and not as good now.

I've been told- as long as it's not creased, it's a candidate.

I've also heard can't be creased or paint cracked.

I'd like to try it on my Renegade's door dins but there are 2 small ones right where there's no place to get behind them, at the extreme rear edge of the drivers door, over where the skin wraps around the shell.

I've been told- as long as it's not creased, it's a candidate.

I've also heard can't be creased or paint cracked.

I'd like to try it on my Renegade's door dins but there are 2 small ones right where there's no place to get behind them, at the extreme rear edge of the drivers door, over where the skin wraps around the shell.
You can still get them out on an edge sometimes if you use a glue puller and even a person with no talent stands a good chance of at least making them look better.

IMG_20220812_084057062.jpg
Simple glue pulling kit cost me about $150 I think about 7 years ago. When doing hail damaged cars ya got to have one on some dents.

Some jerk slid something down the right rear door of my DD, leaving a long "S" shaped crease. The dent guy worked it out so well if you didn't know where it was originally, you can't tell. Cost me $400 and it took him about three hours. Well worth it!

I had a local guy fix both passenger side doors on my 2004 Dodge quad cab. He worked on it for about 2 hours and it is impossible to tell it was ever damaged. He had the glue on dent puller like Fred's pic above, plus a regular style dent puller that hooked to the little glue on thingies. I about had a stroke when he glued the first one on....lol. I just knew the paint was coming with it when he popped the thing off after pulling, but it didn't. He didn't even have to take the door panels off. He just slid a piece of sheet metal down between the glass and the door skin to keep from busting the glass, then slid the torture tools down to push with. I was tickled to death to pay him $260 to fix it. The dude is a true artist with those tools.

-
Back